Some trouble on the mask fonction

Sam Law

Jul 26, 2022, 6:14:14 AM7/26/22
to PTGui Support
Hi PTGui Support,

I had some trouble when I am using PTGUI.

I only use a red mask to Paint the tripod and some things I don't want it in my pano pictures. But I found that the pics would appear with black lines and dashed lines or black dots for no reason. In the past, I could only fix the problem by re-stitching. Recently, I discovered that this problem is caused by red masks, which apply to areas outside the image that we can't see.

Examples of pictures are attached.

Black spots are created in the area of the washbasin in picture 5. I first applied an eraser to the washbasin in picture 5, but it didn't work. I then applied the eraser to the washbasin in picture 4. The washbasin was where I guessed. But the black spot disappeared. The

This problem is not accidental, I have encountered many times that I cannot use the template for mass production.

I've used this method many times to remove black lines and dots, but it's a hassle.

Hope this problem can be fixed soon.

Sam Law

截屏2022-07-26 下午5.32.59 (3).jpg截屏2022-07-26 下午5.33.08.jpg截屏2022-07-26 下午5.33.17.jpg截屏2022-07-26 下午5.34.51.jpg截屏2022-07-26 下午5.35.19.jpg截屏2022-07-26 下午6.11.11.jpg

Erik Krause

Jul 26, 2022, 6:32:18 AM7/26/22
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Am 26.07.22 um 12:14 schrieb Sam Law:

> But I found that the pics would appear with black
> lines and dashed lines or black dots for no reason.

I must be looking for the wrong thing, since I can't see any black lines
and dots in your example.

However, could it be your images have black borders? In this case you
would need to crop them slightly smaller.

--
Erik Krause

PTGui Support

Jul 26, 2022, 6:45:12 AM7/26/22
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Indeed, I've seen this problem when HDR images are pre-processed in
another HDR program, and the resulting images stitched in PTGui.

If the HDR program aligns the bracketed images to compensate for camera
movement, the resulting image may have a 1 pixel (or a few pixels)
border where the images don't overlap. It's hard to see if you just look
at the image alone. Often the giveaway is when the source images have
slightly different sizes.

If that's not the issue, please make your project (project file with
masks and your source images) available for download and I'll take a look.

Joost

Sam Law

Jul 26, 2022, 6:49:32 AM7/26/22
to PTGui Support
HI Erik,

Sorry, I forgot to attach a detailed picture.

截屏2022-07-26 下午6.43.52.jpg截屏2022-07-26 下午6.43.33.jpg
Erik Krause 在 2022年7月26日 星期二下午6:32:18 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道:

Sam Law

Jul 26, 2022, 6:57:53 AM7/26/22
to PTGui Support
Hi Joost,

It's not HDR program.

I can attach the source images and pts for you, but the compressed package is oversize for google. Can you provide your email address to me?

Sam

PTGui Support 在 2022年7月26日 星期二下午6:45:12 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道:

PTGui Support

Jul 26, 2022, 7:09:23 AM7/26/22
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sam,

Please use Wetransfer, Dropbox or a similar service. You can share the files with sup...@ptgui.com.

Kind regards,

Joost Nieuwenhuijse

On 26 Jul 2022, at 12:58, Sam Law <chungs...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Joost,

Sam Law

Jul 26, 2022, 8:22:59 AM7/26/22
to PTGui Support
Hi Joost,

Pls click this link to download the source img. and pts.

Sam

PTGui Support 在 2022年7月26日 星期二晚上7:09:23 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道:

John Houghton

Jul 26, 2022, 9:22:10 AM7/26/22
to PTGui Support
Sam,  Just a general observation:  While the upper rail setting of the head appears to be ok, the parallax at the nadir is large and you need to adjust the lower rail setting to eliminate it.    I suggest you take two shots with the camera pointing directly down, panning the head around through 180 degrees between them.  Set a small aperture to ensure adequate  depth of focus.  Then align the shots in PTGui with control points only on the floor in the background.  Output  a layered PSD file and examine in Photoshop.  Set the opacity of the top layer to 50%. The vertical rotation point (screw head) should remain aligned in the same position for the two shots.  With your current settings, the shift of the head relative to the background is approximately 2.5cm, due to the entrance pupil of the lens not being positioned on the vertical axis of rotation, as you can see:

chungs-nadir.jpg

John

Sam Law

Jul 26, 2022, 10:03:40 AM7/26/22
to PTGui Support
Hi John,

Yes, I see. I forgot to check this viewpoint before shooting.

Sam

John Houghton 在 2022年7月26日 星期二晚上9:22:10 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道:

mat...@matthewwardphotography.com

Jul 26, 2022, 10:47:37 AM7/26/22
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I use the Publish to website Tool in PTGui and it is fine for my needs.
Now that QuickTime option no longer works, is there any way to output a similar rendition to a movie file?
I can screen record whilst viewing the Pan but would prefer a less Heath Robinson approach :)

Thanks
Matthew

Erik Krause

Jul 26, 2022, 11:48:57 AM7/26/22
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Am 26.07.2022 um 16:47 schrieb mat...@matthewwardphotography.com:

> Now that QuickTime option no longer works, is there any way to output
> a similar rendition to a movie file?

Quicktime output wasn't a movie file. It ever was an interactive
panorama, first only cylindrical but soon also spherical. The last
version to display such panoramas was Quicktime 7, which also had severe
security problems.

There is at least one online servide to do that:
https://360photo-to-video.com
There also might be several mobile apps, which can do it.

Why would you want to do that?

--
Erik Krause
http://www.erik-krause.de

John Houghton

Jul 26, 2022, 11:58:05 AM7/26/22
to PTGui Support
Joost,   Yes, The images are of slightly different sizes.  On the fourth image (SL_07482-HDR), the mask on the lower rail at the bottom right hand side of the image finishes one pixel from the edge of the image.  When this deficiency is made good by painting on the mask, the display problem disappears.  The same problem affects the second image (SL_07476).  These two images happen to be the same size. (The other images are of various different sizes).  It looks like the masks have been copy/pasted, perhaps from image 1.  Maybe pasting into a slightly wider image does simply respect the width of the source mask, which seems reasonable.

John.

Sam Law

Jul 26, 2022, 10:51:15 PM7/26/22
to PTGui Support
Yes, I copied the red mask on the tripod from frist img. and pasted to the second and more images. to cover the tripod in the same location.

Sam Law

John Houghton 在 2022年7月26日 星期二晚上11:58:05 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道:

PTGui Support

Jul 27, 2022, 10:44:57 AM7/27/22
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sam,

See attached screenshot, there are 1 pixel red and green speckles at the
right hand edge of image 4's mask. Remove them and the blend will be fine.

If they got there through a bug in PTGui, please let me know how I can
reproduce this. I tried copying a mask from the narrower to the wider
images but don't see any problem.

Kind regards,

Joost Nieuwenhuijse
www.ptgui.com
Screenshot 2022-07-27 at 16.38.41.png

PTGui Support

Jul 27, 2022, 10:53:56 AM7/27/22
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Doesn't Pano2VR have an option to export a movie file of a panorama with
a predefined movement?

Kind regards,

Joost Nieuwenhuijse
www.ptgui.com

Erik Krause

Jul 27, 2022, 11:12:25 AM7/27/22
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Am 27.07.22 um 16:53 schrieb PTGui Support:

> Doesn't Pano2VR have an option to export a movie file of a panorama with
> a predefined movement?

Seems so, yes. I didn't search deep enough yesterday ;-)

https://ggnome.com/doc/panel-animation-editor/

--
Erik Krause

Sam Law

Jul 27, 2022, 11:50:55 AM7/27/22
to PTGui Support
Hi Joost,

I think this is a BUG that happens when masks or templates are used on different sizes of images. Normally, I would only use a red mask to cover the tripod, no green masks were used. I will use a red mask to cover the tripod of one of the images, then copy it and paste it into the corresponding position of the other images. Sometimes my app will save templates with masks to other panoramas. In both cases, black dots or lines occasionally occur. In this case, I had to re-stitch the image manually.

Maybe I had to make all the images the same size to avoid the error above.
Or maybe you have a better way to avoid it.

Sam Law

PTGui Support 在 2022年7月27日 星期三晚上10:44:57 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道:

PTGui Support

Jul 27, 2022, 12:08:55 PM7/27/22
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sam,

Yes it could be a bug in PTGui, and if so, I would like to fix it. But I
can't reproduce it.

If you find a way that will trigger the problem, please explain the
steps to reproduce the problem.

Kind regards,

Joost Nieuwenhuijse
www.ptgui.com

On 27/07/2022 17:50, Sam Law wrote:
> Hi Joost,
>
> I think this is a BUG that happens when masks or templates are used on
> different sizes of images. Normally, I would only use a red mask to
> cover the tripod, no green masks were used. I will use a red mask to
> cover the tripod of one of the images, then copy it and paste it into
> the corresponding position of the other images. Sometimes my app will
> save templates with masks to other panoramas. In both cases, black dots
> or lines occasionally occur. In this case, I had to re-stitch the image
> manually.
>
> Maybe I had to make all the images the same size to avoid the error above.
> Or maybe you have a better way to avoid it.
>
> Sam Law
>
> PTGui Support 在 2022年7月27日 星期三晚上10:44:57 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道:
>
> Hi Sam,
>
> See attached screenshot, there are 1 pixel red and green speckles at
> the
> right hand edge of image 4's mask. Remove them and the blend will be
> fine.
>
> If they got there through a bug in PTGui, please let me know how I can
> reproduce this. I tried copying a mask from the narrower to the wider
> images but don't see any problem.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Joost Nieuwenhuijse
> www.ptgui.com <http://www.ptgui.com>
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/eefbfe98-3831-4af6-864d-a09a2bca03ebn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/eefbfe98-3831-4af6-864d-a09a2bca03ebn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>>.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/0d387e53-43c6-4451-aeaa-b07da964859dn%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/0d387e53-43c6-4451-aeaa-b07da964859dn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Matthew Ward

Aug 3, 2022, 12:05:21 PM8/3/22
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for these suggestions. In answer to why, it is primarily because social media struggles with immersive pans.
Best
Matthew Ward