Iphone 13 Pro Max Ultra Wide Lens

Carsten A.

Nov 10, 2022, 4:36:17 AM11/10/22
to PTGui Support
I am just experimenting with handheld panos taken with an iPhone13 Pro Max’s Ultra Wide Camera Lens.

Does anyone happen to know the correct settings when importing those images into PTGui pro?

I am struggling with this and results seem to be a bit distorted.

PTGui Support

Nov 10, 2022, 4:45:51 AM11/10/22
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carsten,

For a start, try Rectilinear, 1.6mm.
Set the sensor size to 5x crop factor

When shooting handheld, always be sure to rotate around the iphone's
lens, to avoid parallax. Don't rotate the camera around your body.

Kind regards,

Joost Nieuwenhuijse
www.ptgui.com
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/b0825efc-b15f-44dc-8130-15d94b9eb2b9n%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/b0825efc-b15f-44dc-8130-15d94b9eb2b9n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Carsten A.

Nov 10, 2022, 5:36:03 AM11/10/22
to PTGui Support
For the Ultrawide camera it looks like 3,025x4,033 mm and a crop of ~8,5 and a focal length of 1,6mm rect. come with fair results.

A crop of 5 might work for the main lens (?)