How to change output format for multiple projects at once

jukka....@gmail.com

May 7, 2022, 3:29:30 AM5/7/22
to PTGui Support
Hi,

I have hundreds of projects with output format set to jpg. I'd like to change output format to tif without having to open each project in GUI one by one. Is there any command line method how to do this ?

Changing "fileformat": "jpeg" -> "fileformat": "tiff" with a script would be my workaround.

It would be nice to have some kind of an "output format override" function in batch stitcher, that users could export to different formats easily without altering project files.

Br,
Jukka

PTGui Support

May 7, 2022, 4:12:30 AM5/7/22
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jukka,

This can't be done in PTGui directly, I'm sorry. The project files are
JSON though. If you're handy with python or another scripting language,
you could create a script to do the modifications.

Or use a suitable text editor that allows to do a global find/replace on
many files. VS Code can probably do this.

Kind regards,

Joost Nieuwenhuijse
www.ptgui.com