Issue with PTGui Stitching Panaoramic Photos

Daniel Lewis

Aug 8, 2022, 1:21:01 PM8/8/22
to PTGui Support
I am trying to stitch together some photos and they are acting like HDR photos and layering on top of each other when I going into the preview. The issue here is that they are not HDR images. I need to know how to get PTGui to recognize that they are regular images to treat them as such and stitch them together the right way. Thank you in advance.

John Houghton

Aug 8, 2022, 1:56:05 PM8/8/22
to PTGui Support
Daniel, If the images are not linked, they will not be treated as HDR photos.  If you have images on top of each other, that is more likely to be due to lack of control points, or maybe control points created on similar features that are in images that don't actually overlap (as you may get with repeating architectural features).  The Control Point Assistant on the Tools menu may give some clues.  If there are not too many images, you might try positioning them in the Panorama Editor window manually (or use Fill Yaw), and creating control points between neighbouring images from the Control Points tab with ctrl/shift/G.  If all else fails, by all means make the images (jpeg) available for download somewhere so they can be investigated.

John

Daniel Lewis

Aug 8, 2022, 2:34:25 PM8/8/22
to PTGui Support
Hi John,

I did set control points at the neighboring images and was still having issues. I ended up setting control points in sequence 0-2, 1-3, and so on and that seemed to do the trick. Thanks.

John Houghton

Aug 8, 2022, 2:51:16 PM8/8/22
to PTGui Support
On Monday, August 8, 2022 at 7:34:25 PM UTC+1 daniel...@vara3d.com wrote:
I did set control points at the neighboring images and was still having issues. I ended up setting control points in sequence 0-2, 1-3, and so on and that seemed to do the trick. Thanks.t way. Thank you in advance.

That's good to hear, though setting points on 0-2, 1-3  suggests you must be using an old version of PTGui, since the latest ones do not have an image 0.  And possibly you have >50% overlap between images.  No matter, if all's well.

John