Broken new panoramas generated from existing project

JCY

Aug 5, 2022, 7:15:01 AM8/5/22
to PTGui Support
Hi,

I have a few hundred folders with the same number of images in each one, captured from the same device with the same focal lengths etc, but obviously with slight changes in parallax, since the images were captured via a rotator.

I've successfully generated a panorama and panorama project via the Batch Builder. Now I need to generate panorama's for all of the other folders.

I tried copying the project file into each new folder and then running that project via Batch Stitcher but the generated panorama is often stretched or misaligned compared to the GUI version.

I enabled the "Align Images" setting in Project Settings but it doesn't seem to have any effect on the final outputted panorama. I also notice that whenever the panorama is generated and the project file is opened again, the "Align Images" setting is reverted to unchecked.

Is there a way to fix this broken panorama issue on different folders?

Thank You!

Erik Krause

Aug 5, 2022, 8:55:49 AM8/5/22
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Am 05.08.22 um 13:15 schrieb JCY:

> I enabled the "Align Images" setting in Project Settings but it doesn't
> seem to have any effect on the final outputted panorama. I also notice that
> whenever the panorama is generated and the project file is opened again,
> the "Align Images" setting is reverted to unchecked.

You need to save the settings in a the template. Use the batch builder
to apply it to all of your images. No need to copy it to all folders.
PTGui will scan the subfolders for images. bMore information on
https://ptgui.com/support.html#4_11 and following.

--
Erik Krause

JCY

Aug 5, 2022, 9:02:07 AM8/5/22
to PTGui Support
Hi Erik,

Thank you for your reply! I'm using the Linux version and I also need to run this process via command line. I don't see any documentation saying it's possible to run the batch builder via command line, is there any other solution to run this process via command line? This is where I'm stuck at the moment.

Thank You!

Erik Krause

Aug 5, 2022, 9:09:40 AM8/5/22
to pt...@googlegroups.com

See https://ptgui.com/support.html#6_32

--
Erik Krause

JCY

Aug 5, 2022, 9:14:25 AM8/5/22
to PTGui Support
Thank you for the link!

I notice that this command includes both .pts files and .ptgbatch files:
/path/to/PTGui -stitchnogui project1.pts project2.pts batchlist.ptgbatch

But the .ptgbatch already includes a list of .pts project files. Do I still need to manually include the .pts files in the command or is only including the .ptgbatch file enough to run the batch builder via command line?

JCY

Aug 5, 2022, 9:24:43 AM8/5/22
to PTGui Support
Also, when I create a new sub-folder with images within the main folder but no has no .pts file, do I have to create a new .ptgbatch file manually via the Batch Builder tool and then call the -stitchnogui again via command line?

JCY

Aug 5, 2022, 9:51:21 AM8/5/22
to PTGui Support
The problem I'm facing is that each panorama requires a .pts file and this only works properly when the .pts file is manually created via the GUI or Batch Builder window. However I need a way to either generate via the command line new .pts files for new image folders or re-use existing .pts files for new image folders.

The second option causes broken panoramas with lots of errors.

Erik Krause

Aug 5, 2022, 10:39:00 AM8/5/22
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Am 05.08.22 um 15:51 schrieb JCY:
> The problem I'm facing is that each panorama requires a .pts file and this
> only works properly when the .pts file is manually created via the GUI or
> Batch Builder window. However I need a way to either generate via the
> command line new .pts files for new image folders or re-use existing .pts
> files for new image folders.

The Batch Builder generates .pts files, that contain the info from the
template, especially to generate control points and to align the images.

Therefore, it is probably best to create a .pts file with Batch Builder,
but not pass it to PTGui for stitching. Then you can use this .pts as a
master and copy your actual files from that.

In this copies you can either replace the image filenames or (if the
file names don't change) move the copy to the relevant folder.

Then pass it to PTGui with the -batch command. Once the panorama is
stitched the .pts file is modified, so passing it to PTGui again won't
start alignment.

--
Erik Krause

JCY

Aug 5, 2022, 10:51:03 AM8/5/22
to PTGui Support
Thank you!! This approach fixed the problem! :)