Timelapse from equirectangular + fisheye

Jan Totzek

May 15, 2022, 3:31:51 AM5/15/22
to PTGui Support
I am working on a timelpase from 170 frames. Each frame consists of two pictures: one is always the same equirectangular backplate and the second one is a simple fisheye shot. the fisheye shots differ from the angle so i need to generate cps for all of them. So far so good.
My problem is, that ptgui blends in the fisheye image by adopting the brightness of both images. I would like onlx the fisheye shat to be changed, because otherwise in the final timelpase video i will have serious flickering.
Optimizing is already switched off, but the overall brightness still changes, why?
Has anyone a hint where to change that?
Cheers!
JanBildschirmfoto 2022-05-15 um 09.30.07.png

Erik Krause

May 15, 2022, 3:42:03 PM5/15/22
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Am 15.05.2022 um 09:31 schrieb Jan Totzek:
> My problem is, that ptgui blends in the fisheye image by adopting the
> brightness of both images. I would like onlx the fisheye shat to be
> changed, because otherwise in the final timelpase video i will have serious
> flickering.

Did you shoot the fisheye images at constant exposure? However, easiest
would be you provide your project file. Just the .pts without the images
for the time being.

--
Erik Krause
http://www.erik-krause.de

PTGui Support

May 15, 2022, 4:59:17 PM5/15/22
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jan,

You might get somewhat better results by using Multiband blending. This
creates a more gradual overlap between images (at the expense of
possible ghosting).

For time lapses you will also want to disable optimum seam finding.

Both can be changed in the Panorama Editor, Blending side bar.

Kind regards,

Joost Nieuwenhuijse
www.ptgui.com