Linking Images

splo...@rentpath.com

Nov 30, 2021, 4:59:26 PM11/30/21
to PTGui Support
I have images that were taken in automatic exposure mode and I wanted to know if there was a faster way to link the images in brackets of 3 instead of selecting the images and right clicking link images. I am trying to automate this into Batch Stitching. I have about 40 panos that I need to stitch for each property. Going into each pano and linking the images is very tedious. I am outsourcing the photographers but each photographer has a different camera. I am trying to get everyone on board to shoot in manual mode, but this is not possible.
Version PTGui 12.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Sheri

PTGui Support

Dec 1, 2021, 4:21:14 AM12/1/21
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sheri,

Even if the images were taken in automatic exposure mode, PTGui is often
able to detect the bracketing sequence. This works if the images were
taken by camera automatic bracketing and the exif data contains the
'Exposure Offset' tag.

If this doesn't work, you can create a template. Take a successfully
stitched project, go to Project Settings and set:

Batch Stitcher Actions:
enable 'Do Align Images and save...'

Template Behavior:
Link images in the target project: 'Same as in this template'.

Finally, do File - Save As Template and give the template a name.

For subsequent projects:

Load all images
File - Apply Template
and pick the template you saved above.