360 cams

Alex Furer

Sep 1, 2021, 12:47:34 PM9/1/21
to PTGui Support
Hi all, I hope it's ok to post this question here.

I am about to buy a compact 360 cam mainly for photograpphy and to be able to offer more affordable VR-Tours. Maby some of you have experience with one or the other model?

I am considering:
- Ricoh Thetz Z1: seems a good choice because of sensor size, app on the phone and the Lightroom integration (except stitching which I would do in PTGui)? Have not yet exactly figured out the plugins thing they offer...
- QooCam 8k: more resolution, better video quality, seems to have fixed the falring problem of the predecessor but still quite heavy chromatic abberation?
- XPhase X2: super resolution but stitching problems and heavy chromatic abberation and flares?

Thanks and please feel free to tell me it's not a good place to ask such questions.

Alex

Philip Chong

Sep 1, 2021, 10:57:32 PM9/1/21
to PTGui Support
I have the Z1 and I use PTGui to stitch it. Ricoh now have the stand alone stitching and no need LR.  I also use the Dual Fish Eye plug in.

野本夏俊

Sep 2, 2021, 4:26:10 AM9/2/21
to PTGui Support
I have QooCam. QooCam is easy to use, but not enough for my needs, and the HDR can only be set to auto, so I need a lot of color correction.
Here are some examples of my work with QooCam.
2021年9月2日木曜日 1:47:34 UTC+9 fullfram...@gmail.com:

Ricardo Feres

Sep 2, 2021, 6:55:48 AM9/2/21
to PTGui Support
Hi,
Could you send us some links with photos made with the Z1, please?
Best regards,
Ricardo Feres

Philip Chong

Sep 3, 2021, 11:25:43 AM9/3/21
to PTGui Support
Got reviews and samples DNG there for the Z1 :

Philip Chong

Sep 3, 2021, 11:26:29 AM9/3/21
to PTGui Support
You can also join the Z1 group (just search) on FB.  Lots of photos samples there.

Alex Furer

Sep 13, 2021, 4:42:43 PM9/13/21
to PTGui Support
Sorry for the late reply. .I decided to get a Thea Z1. Thanks for all your input!