What is included in "make default"?

Velson Horie

Jul 17, 2024, 6:20:52 AM (6 days ago) Jul 17
to PTGui Support
-26
I am stitching about 50 scanned images, using identical settings.  I need to modify just the CPs.
I set the settings, finish creating the panorama,   click Make default, and close the program.
However when I start a new project, the  program did not remember the "camera" (Epson scanner" its "focal length", or the template and its settings.

So I then have to load the template, and adjust its settings -each time.

How does one save the set of user settings as a default set of settings?

PTGui Support

Jul 17, 2024, 6:38:10 AM (6 days ago) Jul 17
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Velson,

To achieve this, don't use Make Default. Instead, after loading the
images, when the focal length and sensor size windows pop up, there's an
'always use...' checkbox. If you check this box, PTGui will remember the
settings. They are stored in the Camera and Lens database, accessible
via the Tools menu.

I don't recommend using Make Default for anything except changing the
output file format. You'll run into unexpected behaviour if you're going
to stitch anything different in the future. Do File - Reset Default
Project Settings to reset the defaults.

Kind regards,

Joost Nieuwenhuijse
www.ptgui.com
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/f0e7e215-eca4-4015-adb8-a1c0e8d13dfbn%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/f0e7e215-eca4-4015-adb8-a1c0e8d13dfbn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
Message has been deleted

Velson Horie

Jul 17, 2024, 6:49:31 PM (5 days ago) Jul 17
to PTGui Support
Thank you  - but:

At the moment, there are a number of settings that have to be set for each project:
the template
which choice for showing the stitch lines on the detail viewer
the magnification in the CP panel (I always work at 100+%)
choose the fit panorama on the panorama editor
probably etc.

Is there a startup file for PTGui that can be edited to specify the starting conditions? Before or after loading the images?

As a supplementary question.
How does PTGui decide on the order that images are loaded, and can I inform that?

In the folder view, the files are the wrong way round (the time order I captured the images), so I changed the order as shown above.
But when I dragged the contents of the folder to the Project assistant window, the order was reversed.  As a result, the program was not able find any CPs.  So I have to go to Source Images to change the order there (which did work), but after a lot of fiddling (each of 50 folders).

In the past, I have also found that if I had rotated the image orientation in the folder (e.g. because I had turned the object round when scanning), PTGui imported it as the previous format.

Velson

PTGui Support

Jul 18, 2024, 4:26:03 AM (5 days ago) Jul 18
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Velson,

On 17-07-2024 17:59, Velson Horie wrote:
> Thank you  - but:
>
> At the moment, there are a number of settings that have to be set for
> each project:
> the template
> which choice for showing the stitch lines on the detail viewer
> the magnification in the CP panel (I always work at 100+%)
> choose the fit panorama on the panorama editor
> probably etc.
>
> Is there a startup file for PTGui that can be edited to specify the
> starting conditions? Before or after loading the images?

No, the above user interface settings are reset when restarting PTGui.

> As a supplementary question.
> How does PTGui decide on the order that images are loaded, and can I
> inform that?

When you drop multiple images, they are sorted in alphabetical order
(with some smartness, so 2.jpg comes before 11.jpg).

If you drop them one by one, your ordering is kept.

> In the past, I have also found that if I had rotated the image
> orientation in the folder (e.g. because I had turned the object round
> when scanning), PTGui imported it as the previous format.

This does not sound familiar. If you think there's a bug, please let me
know how to reproduce it.