Facebook is not recognizing PTGui Panos as Panoramic Photos

Victor Aragao Netto

Dec 27, 2021, 10:25:12 PM12/27/21
to PTGui Support
I always used PTGUI to produce my panoramas. I use drone photos. In the begining it was just necessary to downsize the file size. But now, even with small files (smaller than 100Mb), my panos are being recongnized as normal photos in facebook.

I always publish my panos in Facebook. But now it is not working.

Erik Krause

Dec 28, 2021, 6:44:22 AM12/28/21
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Am 28.12.21 um 04:25 schrieb Victor Aragao Netto:

> I always publish my panos in Facebook. But now it is not working.

Facebook changes their meta data requirements every now and then without
notice, and spherical panoramas are badly supported anyway. Meanwhile
you can try ExifFixer. May be you'll have more luck with that...

Or did you post process your images after stitching in PTGui? Many image
editors strip meta data...

--
Erik Krause

John Houghton

Dec 28, 2021, 6:48:52 AM12/28/21
to PTGui Support
Also see PTGui FAQ  at https://www.ptgui.com/support.html#6_17 and  #6_16 and #6_18.

John

Jean-Ignace de Villenfagne - 360Pixtour

Jan 2, 2022, 11:33:40 AM1/2/22
to PTGui Support
Dear van..gmail.com and others,

It was the same issue for me until I downsize the 360pano to 20<30 MB.
Now it's Ok for me and my customers.

Cheers,

Jean-Ignace
(GSVT Belgium)

Gordon Fowler

Jan 2, 2022, 12:04:50 PM1/2/22
to PTGui Support
FWIW, I think the maximum image size that Facebook supports is 12kx6k.  We downsize all of our panoramas for publishing on Facebook and I'll try it again to see if it's still working.

Daniel Heyer

Jan 11, 2022, 11:59:46 AM1/11/22
to PTGui Support
Max Facebook size is 100 Megapixels. When you create the pano set the max size to 95 megapixels to be safe. I usually upload to Gigapan or 360cities and share the link in Facebook. Even if 360cities does not "publish" your pano you still have the link you can share.

Philip Chong

Jan 11, 2022, 10:55:39 PM1/11/22
to PTGui Support
100 Mega would be about 14000x7000.  You sure it will work at FB ?