feature request - control points in Panorama Editor

Martin Kulhavy

Jul 21, 2024, 4:37:59 AM (yesterday) Jul 21
to PTGui Support
Hi,
I have one feature request please:

Can you please make the control points visible in the preview in Panorama Editor? Also please allow the user to select and delete the control points from the Panorama Editor. This would significantly help me to remove the unwanted control points from moving clouds. For most of the landscape panoramas, the clouds are in the top half. This functionality would just select the top half and delete these control points. Many thanks. Martin

Manuel Dahmann (kubische-panoramen-de)

Jul 21, 2024, 7:53:22 AM (yesterday) Jul 21
to PTGui Support
I first mask all upper parts (with sky) after importing the images. Then I create cps and optimize. After I delete all masks in  the upper part.
Working in newer versions of PTGui is not very fast as regards my workflow..
Would be great to have a better solution, of course.

PTGui Support

2:31 AM (18 hours ago) 2:31 AM
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin,

I've added this to the wish list.

As others said, as a possible workaround for now, you may mask the sky
images with a red mask before aligning images. If you have multiple
similar panoramas, this can be automated with a template. PTGui will not
add control points in masked areas.

After aligning the images, all masks can be deleted in one go.

Kind regards,

Joost Nieuwenhuijse
www.ptgui.com