set orientation for Google Maps

tom....@gmail.com

Sep 6, 2021, 1:55:59 PM9/6/21
to PTGui Support
In Google Maps, as I understand, the vertical line in the middle of the image is considered facing north. To set the correct orientation, what I usually do is to "rotate" the 360x180 equirectangular in Panorama Editor by mouse drag. But that might change the horizontal line as well. Is there an easy way to ensure only the orientation is being adjusted?

-Tom

John Houghton

Sep 6, 2021, 2:19:04 PM9/6/21
to PTGui Support
On Monday, September 6, 2021 at 6:55:59 PM UTC+1 tom....@gmail.com wrote:
In Google Maps, as I understand, the vertical line in the middle of the image is considered facing north. To set the correct orientation, what I usually do is to "rotate" the 360x180 equirectangular in Panorama Editor by mouse drag. But that might change the horizontal line as well. Is there an easy way to ensure only the orientation is being adjusted?

Tom, Hold down the shift key as you drag horizontally.  Or you can use the Numerical Transform tool to apply +/- yaw adjustments.

John

tom....@gmail.com

Sep 6, 2021, 4:59:03 PM9/6/21
to PTGui Support
Perfect. Thanks.

野本夏俊

Sep 6, 2021, 5:27:15 PM9/6/21
to PTGui Support
Set the angle from the center of the image to the north in Metadata > Orientation, Google Maps will recognize it.
2021年9月7日火曜日 2:55:59 UTC+9 tom....@gmail.com: