[Bug][Low priority] "VP" instead of "GP" in explanation tooltip in German translation

strarsis

May 10, 2022, 11:14:50 AM5/10/22
to PTGui Support
Hi,

Holding down the Shift key while hovering an image (set) in the PTGui Project assistant tab shows a more detailed infotip which states that viewpoint correction-enabled images will have a "GP" label (for the German translation of "Viewpoint correction" = "Gesichtspunktoptimierung").
However, when the viewpoint correction is enabled for an image, a "VP" label (using the abbreviation of the original English translation "Viewpoint correction") is displayed instead.

As VP is already used everywhere and prominently in the German translation of PTGui,
the tooltip text probably needs fixing ("VP" instead of "GP").

Just a little nitpick, but sometimes I have the urge to file a bug report. :-)

With best regards

PTGui Support

May 11, 2022, 4:01:28 AM5/11/22
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I will check!

Kind regards,

Joost Nieuwenhuijse
www.ptgui.com

On 10/05/2022 17:14, strarsis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Holding down the Shift key while hovering an image (set) in the PTGui
> Project assistant tab shows a more detailed infotip which states that
> viewpoint correction-enabled images will have a "GP" label (for the
> German translation of "Viewpoint correction" =
> "*G*esichts*p*unktoptimierung").
> However, when the viewpoint correction is enabled for an image, a "VP"
> label (using the abbreviation of the original English translation
> "*V*iew*p*oint correction") is displayed instead.
>
> As VP is already used everywhere and prominently in the German
> translation of PTGui,
> the tooltip text probably needs fixing ("VP" instead of "GP").
>
> Just a little nitpick, but sometimes I have the urge to file a bug
> report. :-)
>
> With best regards
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/a5ce2fc8-5a3c-4d4a-bcb1-dd993d5ec4a5n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/a5ce2fc8-5a3c-4d4a-bcb1-dd993d5ec4a5n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

strarsis

Jul 26, 2022, 1:07:34 PM7/26/22
to PTGui Support
So I noticed that in the de_de (German) translation file on GitHub the label has the correct value "GP " (with one extra space at the end, intentional?), and this had been the case for years:
https://github.com/newhousenl/ptgui_localization/blame/404e477f822388b1418ab56ea190e8e61c94f7a6/de_de.nhloc#L2082

Therefore my guess is that the translation for the ViewPoint-correction-label isn't actually looked up or uses a different key, hence the original, English "VP" label is used instead.

Interestingly, the string keys for the project assistant tab usually start with  mainwindow.projectassistant or just projectassistant ,
which isn't the case for the translation with the ViewPoint-correction-label, which is mainwindow.imageparameters.vpprefix .
I found no re-use of that ViewPoint-correction-label on other tabs of the program though, that would explain this differing string key as the component may be re-used.

PTGui Support

Jul 27, 2022, 10:52:45 AM7/27/22
to pt...@googlegroups.com
I think it's currently a hard coded 'VP'. I'm sorry but I haven't
investigated yet.

Kind regards,

Joost Nieuwenhuijse
www.ptgui.com