Green Masks causing colour distortion

Justin Hill

Dec 5, 2021, 4:32:12 PM12/5/21
to PTGui Support
Hi

I am using the version 12.7 to make panos with 6 sets of 3 bracketed images.

I find that when using a green mask on a particular image, then that image's colour is distorted in the pano.

I recognize the colour distortion as being the same as the one I see when the Panorama Editor is loading. It flashes a distorted colour image which then gets replaced with the correct colours when fully loaded.

I find the red mask does not have this effect.

Any ideas?

Justin

PTGui Support

Dec 6, 2021, 12:54:40 AM12/6/21
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Justin,

The green masks will not directly affect the colour, but they will cause
the seams to be placed differently, causing an underlying colour
difference to become apparent.

If you would like me to investigate, please make your project available
for download. Please include the source images, and two project files
(one with and one without the green mask) so we can see the difference.

Kind regards,

Joost Nieuwenhuijse
www.ptgui.com
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/306faaa1-2dd6-4529-9b7b-6cd2439b2a76n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/306faaa1-2dd6-4529-9b7b-6cd2439b2a76n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Justin Hill

Dec 6, 2021, 2:07:24 PM12/6/21
to PTGui Support
Thanks Joost

Please find the example as requested at

Regards
Justin

Justin Hill

Dec 12, 2021, 4:20:13 PM12/12/21
to PTGui Support
Hi Joost, have you managed to look at this issue yet?

Regards
Justin

John Houghton

Dec 13, 2021, 4:24:38 AM12/13/21
to PTGui Support
Justin, When you load in the images, you are informed that bracketed images have been detected and you are given the option to enable HDR mode (in Step 2 of the Project Assistant panel).  Evidently you did not do this, since the images are not linked in your project file and you really need to do this.  You are then given two options:  normally choose the first option when shooting from a tripod.  Your sample project file had a green mask on only one of the images in the first bracketed set.  Usually, you would apply the same mask to all three images, which is done automatically for you.  If you really want to mask only one of the three images, you can choose the second HDR option, which links the images but permits individual masks on the three images.  Having done this, you should get a good panorama, as I did.

John

PTGui Support

Dec 13, 2021, 5:35:18 AM12/13/21
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Justin,

Apologies for not replying! See John's reply; you can fix it easily by
doing Images -> Link HDR Bracketed Exposures.

Bracketed images in PTGui 12 must always be linked. If you're coming
from PTGui 11, this is a change, in PTGui 11 this was not always needed.
Be sure to read 3.30:
https://www.ptgui.com/support.html#3_30

Kind regards,

Joost Nieuwenhuijse