Added control points show "inf" distance

alcan...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2024, 1:19:56 AMJun 30
to PTGui Support
Since just a couple updates back I have a new problem. When I add control points to a viewpoint correction image and any other image, the distance shows as "inf". I've been using the viewpoint correction for some time and this is a new recent development. I've carefully selected image points that are a clear match...

As a consequence, it is impossible to use a VP image for the nadir. That part of the panorama just stays transparent.

I've rewatched the applicable videos on this technique and have not identified any specific error in my process.

Thank you for any suggestions,
Lawrence

PTGui Pro
Version 12.26
Mac Sonoma 14.5

Erik Krause

Jun 30, 2024, 7:25:23 AMJun 30
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Am 30.06.2024 um 07:19 schrieb alcan...@gmail.com:

> Since just a couple updates back I have a new problem. When I add control
> points to a viewpoint correction image and any other image, the distance
> shows as "inf".

As a first step, you can roughly drag the nadir image into position in
the single image editing mode of the Pano Editor and see wether it still
happens.

If not, can you identify those control points in the Control Points
Table (table icon in toolbar)? If yes, delete them.

If nothing helps, please provide the project file. For now only the .pts
without the images.

--
Erik Krause
http://www.erik-krause.de

John Houghton

Jun 30, 2024, 1:05:45 PMJun 30
to PTGui Support
Viewpoint correction has always worked most reliably by first getting the nadir image roughly into position before switching on viewpoint correction.  As Erik has suggested, do this manually on the Panorama Editor window, or set the pitch of the vp nadir image to -90 on the Image Parameters tab and optimize the image normally and ignore the report of bad control point distances.  Then repeat with vp optimization selected.  If that doesn't work well, check for points created that are not placed on the plane of the flat floor and delete them.

John

alcan...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2024, 10:07:47 PMJul 6
to PTGui Support
Thank you everyone for the suggestions...

Lawrence Pierce