forcing a panorama to stitch with too less control points

Wolfgang Ganter

Jul 13, 2016, 12:32:12 PM7/13/16
to PTGui Support
hey guys,

i shot about 80 pics of dust on a glass slide under the microscope. ptgui fails completely to put it together automatically. so i moved all the pieces in pt gui at the right place. the merge preview looks awesome but i can t get it stitched because there are actually not enough detected control points. if i try to auto-improve, the results it gets super bad. is there a way to force ptgui to stitch, or do i have to manually add a gazillion contact points?

please help!

wolfgang from berlin

Erik Krause

Jul 13, 2016, 12:34:55 PM7/13/16
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Am 13.07.2016 um 18:32 schrieb Wolfgang Ganter:
> is
> there a way to force ptgui to stitch, or do i have to manually add a
> gazillion contact points?

Simply do Create Panorama and ignore the warning of control points not
being optimized.

--
Erik Krause

Wolfgang Ganter

Jul 13, 2016, 1:03:49 PM7/13/16
to pt...@googlegroups.com

Hi eric,

Well the create panorama button is greyed out. I can't press it...

--
Many people are reading this forum via email and get every post delivered to their inbox. To limit the amount of data please do not add attachments or images to your posts; instead upload your files at a file sharing site (for example http://sendspace.com// ) and include a link in your message.
--- You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "PTGui Support" group.

John Houghton

Jul 13, 2016, 1:29:19 PM7/13/16
to PTGui Support
On Wednesday, July 13, 2016 at 6:03:49 PM UTC+1, Wolfgang Ganter wrote:

,

Well the create panorama button is greyed out. I can't press it..

Switch into Advanced mode via the botton on the right of the Project Assistant.  Then select the Create Panorma tab, where you should be able to select the output file type and set the optimum size before creating the panorama.

John

Wolfgang Ganter

Jul 13, 2016, 1:32:56 PM7/13/16
to pt...@googlegroups.com

Nope, same game in the advanced mode. Greyed out and unpressable...

--
Many people are reading this forum via email and get every post delivered to their inbox. To limit the amount of data please do not add attachments or images to your posts; instead upload your files at a file sharing site (for example http://sendspace.com// ) and include a link in your message.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "PTGui Support" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/ptgui.

John Houghton

Jul 13, 2016, 1:44:04 PM7/13/16
to PTGui Support
On Wednesday, July 13, 2016 at 6:32:56 PM UTC+1, Wolfgang Ganter wrote:

Nope, same game in the advanced mode. Greyed out and unpressable...

That's odd!  Can you save the project file (from the File menu) and upload just the .pts file somewhere where we can access it.  Use www.sendspace.com if necessary and post a link here, but don't attach the file to a post here.

John

Wolfgang Ganter

Jul 13, 2016, 1:48:38 PM7/13/16
to pt...@googlegroups.com
i just send you the pts file via wetransfer.com

but the file itself is tiny. the whole folder with all the pics is 6gb - so hard to send  :-)

--
Many people are reading this forum via email and get every post delivered to their inbox. To limit the amount of data please do not add attachments or images to your posts; instead upload your files at a file sharing site (for example http://sendspace.com// ) and include a link in your message.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "PTGui Support" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/ptgui.

John Houghton

Jul 13, 2016, 1:58:35 PM7/13/16
to PTGui Support

On Wednesday, July 13, 2016 at 6:48:38 PM UTC+1, Wolfgang Ganter wrote:
i just send you the pts file via wetransfer.com

Thanks.  It works fine here (on a Windows 10 system using PTGui 10.0.15).  The create button is greyed out on the Project Assistant, but not on the Advanced Create Panorama tab.

John

Wolfgang Ganter

John Houghton

Jul 13, 2016, 2:14:45 PM7/13/16
to PTGui Support
On Wednesday, July 13, 2016 at 7:02:49 PM UTC+1, Wolfgang Ganter wrote:
i m working with the same version of pt gui on a 8core macpro running yosamite. check out the screenshot...

Well, that's similar to the display on my Windows PC, but that's not wrong anyway.  It's the greyed out create button on the Create Panorama tab in Advanced mode that I cannot reproduce.

BTW - no attachments please.  Many people are reading this forum via email and get every post delivered to their inbox. To limit the amount of data please do not add attachments or images to your posts; instead upload your files at a file sharing site (for example http://sendspace.com// ) and include a link in your message.

John

Wolfgang Ganter

Jul 13, 2016, 2:29:42 PM7/13/16
to pt...@googlegroups.com

OK, so on your machine the button is working?!?!
Well I could try it on my old windows 7 pc...

--
Many people are reading this forum via email and get every post delivered to their inbox. To limit the amount of data please do not add attachments or images to your posts; instead upload your files at a file sharing site (for example http://sendspace.com// ) and include a link in your message.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "PTGui Support" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/ptgui.

Wolfgang Ganter

Wolfgang Ganter

Jul 13, 2016, 3:00:39 PM7/13/16
to pt...@googlegroups.com

Hey John,

I found it. I just did not look careful enough.  My mistake.  Thanks for the quick support.

Best w.

Am 13.07.2016 20:14 schrieb "John Houghton" <houghto...@gmail.com>:
--
Many people are reading this forum via email and get every post delivered to their inbox. To limit the amount of data please do not add attachments or images to your posts; instead upload your files at a file sharing site (for example http://sendspace.com// ) and include a link in your message.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "PTGui Support" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/ptgui.

John Houghton

Jul 13, 2016, 3:01:40 PM7/13/16
to PTGui Support
On Wednesday, July 13, 2016 at 7:51:38 PM UTC+1, Wolfgang Ganter wrote:

...same thing with windows 7. Just tried it...

Can you take a screenshot of the Create Panorama tab showing the greyed out Create button please.

John

John Houghton

Jul 13, 2016, 3:13:46 PM7/13/16
to PTGui Support
On Wednesday, July 13, 2016 at 8:00:39 PM UTC+1, Wolfgang Ganter wrote:

Hey John,

I found it. I just did not look careful enough.  My mistake.  Thanks for the quick support.

And thank you for your quick responses to requests for further information.  Often they take days!

John