PTGui How to know the sensor size?

baishun cheng

May 9, 2022, 3:25:22 AM5/9/22
to PTGui Support

HI:
Do PtGui get the sensor size by reading  the EXIF information from the image or by submitting my camra data? if PtGui read the EXIF information , what info i should write?
微信截图_20220509151111.png

i wrote the info in the image, but the PTGui can not read.
微信截图_20220509151427.png

PTGui Support

May 9, 2022, 12:21:51 PM5/9/22
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is this the Trisio Lite 2? If I'm correct this has a 1/2.3" sensor,
which corresponds to a crop factor of 5.6. So you can enter that.

But could you make a set of images available for download? I'd like to
have PTGui to recognize this camera automatically.

Kind regards,

Joost Nieuwenhuijse
www.ptgui.com

On 09/05/2022 09:25, baishun cheng wrote:

> HI:
> Do PtGui get the sensor size by reading  the EXIF information from the
> image or by submitting my camra data? if PtGui read the EXIF information
> , what info i should write?
> 微信截图_20220509151111.png
>
> i wrote the info in the image, but the PTGui can not read.
> 微信截图_20220509151427.png
>

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/772c6f1a-7f73-453b-80e2-d8ab2442a981n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/772c6f1a-7f73-453b-80e2-d8ab2442a981n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

baishun cheng

May 9, 2022, 10:23:15 PM5/9/22
to PTGui Support
HI:
Thanks for your reply.
Do you mean the PTGui get the sensor by  submitting my camra data? not from the exif?
I've tried xiaohongwu S8,  PTGui can recognize the camera automatically. Thank you for your work.
If you had to manually enter image parameters for each machine, that would be a lot of work.

Recently, I was working on how can you automatically identify the sensor size of the image.
There is no direct parameter in the exIF information to get the sensor size, but I found an indirect method.

  微信截图_20220510100540.png
微信截图_20220510095204.png

PTGui Support

May 10, 2022, 3:50:01 AM5/10/22
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

PTGui tries various methods for getting the sensor size from the exif
data, but this doesn't always work. So it includes a large database of
camera sensor sizes. For fisheye lenses PTGui also includes a lens profile.

Kind regards,

Joost Nieuwenhuijse
www.ptgui.com

On 10/05/2022 04:23, baishun cheng wrote:
> HI:
> Thanks for your reply.
> Do you mean the PTGui get the sensor by submitting my camra data? not
> from the exif?
> I've tried xiaohongwu S8,  PTGui can recognize the camera automatically.
> Thank you for your work.
> If you had to manually enter image parameters for each machine, that
> would be a lot of work.
>
> Recently, I was working on how can you automatically identify the sensor
> size of the image.
> There is no direct parameter in the exIF information to get the sensor
> size, but I found an indirect method.
>
> 微信截图_20220510100540.png
> https://www.earlyinnovations.com/photolinker/metadata-tags.html
> 微信截图_20220510095204.png
>
> 在2022年5月10日星期二 UTC+8 00:21:51<PTGui Support> 写道:
>
> Hi,
>
> Is this the Trisio Lite 2? If I'm correct this has a 1/2.3" sensor,
> which corresponds to a crop factor of 5.6. So you can enter that.
>
> But could you make a set of images available for download? I'd like to
> have PTGui to recognize this camera automatically.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Joost Nieuwenhuijse
> www.ptgui.com <http://www.ptgui.com>
>
> On 09/05/2022 09:25, baishun cheng wrote:
> >
> > HI:
> > Do PtGui get the sensor size by reading  the EXIF information
> from the
> > image or by submitting my camra data? if PtGui read the EXIF
> information
> > , what info i should write?
> > 微信截图_20220509151111.png
> >
> > i wrote the info in the image, but the PTGui can not read.
> > 微信截图_20220509151427.png
> >

> > --
> send
> > an email to ptgui+un...@googlegroups.com
> > <mailto:ptgui+un...@googlegroups.com>.
> >
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/772c6f1a-7f73-453b-80e2-d8ab2442a981n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/772c6f1a-7f73-453b-80e2-d8ab2442a981n%40googlegroups.com>
>

> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/772c6f1a-7f73-453b-80e2-d8ab2442a981n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/772c6f1a-7f73-453b-80e2-d8ab2442a981n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>>.
>

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/6b943d55-85e3-43f4-941c-25dc0b75cb23n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/6b943d55-85e3-43f4-941c-25dc0b75cb23n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

baishun cheng

May 10, 2022, 10:50:26 PM5/10/22
to PTGui Support
HI:
Thank you. I see.
We have several different models of cameras.like xiaohongwu S8 , xiaohongwu linglong2,xiaohongwu lingdong2 and trisio lite2. How should I inform you to add camera information to the database?
Kind regards

PTGui Support

May 11, 2022, 4:26:12 AM5/11/22
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Ah, so you are the manufacturer?

The best way is to add both a FocalLength tag (tiff tag 0x920A) and
FocalLengthIn35mmFilm (0xA405). From the ratio between the values, PTGui
will calculate the sensor size.

For fisheye lenses I can add a profile to PTGui. Please send me the
images for a complete 360 degree panorama, preferably with 50% overlap
and without parallax. You can share the files with me at sup...@ptgui.com.

For rectilinear lenses this is not necessary, these will work fine
without a lens profile.

Please make sure each camera has a unique Exif 'Model' (0x0110) tag.

Kind regards,

Joost Nieuwenhuijse
www.ptgui.com

On 11/05/2022 04:50, baishun cheng wrote:
> HI:
> Thank you. I see.
> We have several different models of cameras.like xiaohongwu S8 ,
> xiaohongwu linglong2,xiaohongwu lingdong2 and trisio lite2. How should
> I inform you to add camera information to the database?
> Kind regards
> 在2022年5月10日星期二 UTC+8 15:50:01<PTGui Support> 写道:
>
> Hi,
>
> PTGui tries various methods for getting the sensor size from the exif
> data, but this doesn't always work. So it includes a large database of
> camera sensor sizes. For fisheye lenses PTGui also includes a lens
> profile.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Joost Nieuwenhuijse
> www.ptgui.com <http://www.ptgui.com>
> > www.ptgui.com <http://www.ptgui.com> <http://www.ptgui.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/6b943d55-85e3-43f4-941c-25dc0b75cb23n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/6b943d55-85e3-43f4-941c-25dc0b75cb23n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>>.
>

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/9278b710-c899-4dcd-a985-0549bd6ad28bn%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/9278b710-c899-4dcd-a985-0549bd6ad28bn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

baishun cheng

May 11, 2022, 9:45:57 PM5/11/22
to PTGui Support
haha, yes. I'm the manufacturer.  I'll send you the picture to you later.
thank you.

baishun cheng

May 16, 2022, 5:58:18 AM5/16/22
to pt...@googlegroups.com
HI:
The attached pictures are of our various prodects.
Kind regards

baishun cheng <baishu...@gmail.com> 于2022年5月12日周四 09:46写道:
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/92a781a0-98cb-4871-ae72-b1bf24351547n%40googlegroups.com.

PTGui Support

May 17, 2022, 3:32:13 AM5/17/22
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!

Kind regards,

Joost Nieuwenhuijse
www.ptgui.com

On 16/05/2022 11:58, baishun cheng wrote:
> [...]
> tag.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Joost Nieuwenhuijse
> www.ptgui.com <http://www.ptgui.com>
>
> On 11/05/2022 04:50, baishun cheng wrote:
> > HI:
> > Thank you. I see.
> > We have several different models of cameras.like xiaohongwu S8 ,
> > xiaohongwu linglong2,xiaohongwu lingdong2 and trisio lite2.
> How should
> > I inform you to add camera information to the database?
> > Kind regards
> > 在2022年5月10日星期二 UTC+8 15:50:01<PTGui Support> 写道:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > PTGui tries various methods for getting the sensor size from
> the exif
> > data, but this doesn't always work. So it includes a large
> database of
> > camera sensor sizes. For fisheye lenses PTGui also includes a

360CaptuerITGmail

Aug 13, 2022, 6:43:52 AM8/13/22
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joost,

Is support for Trisio LIte 2 coming soon?

Thank you

Regards

Wayne
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/CACoxefVBompaPGD-v3vAnDn94Nnfq6wrGA7DqLxJA1UjdE3bgg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Erik Krause

Aug 13, 2022, 10:13:56 AM8/13/22
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Am 13.08.2022 um 12:43 schrieb 360CaptuerITGmail:

> Is support for Trisio LIte 2 coming soon?

Until this is implemented you can stitch the images using "Lens type:
Generic Fisheye" (bottom of the list). I got a "very good" immediately
after loading the provided example images and pressing Align...

--
Erik Krause
http://www.erik-krause.de

360CaptuerITGmail