color in dark areas on HDR panorama (ungrouped)

IngoF

Jul 7, 2024, 9:51:38 AMJul 7
to PTGui Support
Hello,

I hve got artefacts because the trees ar moving during braketing. I shot 5 images with a distance of 1.33 EV in CR2 and developed with DXO to JPG.
The panorama looks fine, exept the moving threes.
I tried to mask in the three in all, except one image in the braketing sequence.

In grouped and linked Images i can only mask the generated HDR image.

i tried to ungroup the images an then i got colorfull dark areas.
Using full range 64 bit) nothing changes.

colorfull_shadow.jpg

What am i doing wrong?
How to do it right?

Best regards
Ingo

IngoF

Jul 7, 2024, 9:53:06 AMJul 7
to PTGui Support
I forgot to say that this effect is also in the generated panorama. It is not display fault only.

Erik Krause

Jul 7, 2024, 10:32:51 AMJul 7
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Am 07.07.2024 um 15:51 schrieb IngoF:

> I hve got artefacts because the trees ar moving during braketing. I shot 5
> images with a distance of 1.33 EV in CR2 and developed with DXO to JPG.

For maximum quality I'd always use 16 bit TIFF for stitching. After
editing the stitched panorama it can be converted to JPG. But this won't
solve your problem.

> The panorama looks fine, exept the moving threes.
> I tried to mask in the three in all, except one image in the braketing
> sequence.

If the tree is only in one image, you can try to create artificial
brackets in DXO. Use the best exposed CR2 and adjust the exposure such
that the result is equally exposed like the real bracket (if it's the
middle exposure, this would be -2.66 EV, -1.33 EV +1.33 EV and +2.66
EV). Use this artificial brackets instead of the real ones in your
panorama.

If you get problems with dynamic range (grey highlights or noisy
shadows) use both the artificial brackets and the real ones each in
their own image set and mask the highlights- and shadows-areas with
green (in the set with artificial images) and the moving leaves regions
with red (in the real set). This helps sometimes.

Another technique is to first stitch and tonemap the panorama, then, in
a new project, load the panorama and the best exposed image with the
tree, align them and mask the tree red in the panorama. This works best
with an image with maximized dynamic range, either the CR2 original or a
well converted TIFF.

--
Erik Krause
http://www.erik-krause.de