Transverse vedutismo; Can this slight curving be removed?

Arnstein Bjone

May 13, 2022, 3:50:26 AM5/13/22
to PTGui Support

Borgengården 1 11mm flagg OK 1-40s f8 ISO-100 0H1A0170 PTGui  collageTransverse vedutismo.jpg

PTGui Support

May 13, 2022, 6:30:02 AM5/13/22
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Vedutismo / Transverse vedutismo / panini projections preserve all
straight lines crossing the center of the image. Any other lines will
become curved.

So I think the trick is to get the desired perspective vanishing point
in the center of the panorama (at the crosshair in the panorama editor),
then crop away the unwanted parts.

This will not fix the curved lamp post though. The only way to preserve
all straight lines is to use rectilinear projection (but this has a
limited field of view).

Kind regards,

Joost Nieuwenhuijse
www.ptgui.com