Jmeter with Android device Issue

Jayanthi C

May 9, 2024, 7:19:32 AMMay 9
to JMeter Forum
Hi Team,

Greetings.

I am working on jmeter for performance testing with mobile applications (Android and IOS).

But I am unable to connect the Android device into jmeter. Kindly provide me with support on this issue at the earliest.

Attached the screenshots of Device and jmeter settings.

Regards,
C.Jayanthi.Jmeter Settings - 1.JPGMobile settings - 2.jpgMobile settings - 1.jpg

DT

May 9, 2024, 7:35:51 AMMay 9
to JMeter Forum
You additionally need to amend your applications network security settings like:

  • in the application tag of your app manifest add the next line:
android:networkSecurityConfig="@xml/network_security_config"
  • create network_security_config.xml file under your application resources directory and put the following code there:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<network-security-config>
<debug-overrides>
<trust-anchors>
<!-- Trust user added CAs while debuggable only -->
<certificates src="user" />
</trust-anchors>
</debug-overrides>
</network-security-config>
  • compile your application in debug mode
  • replace the original .apk on the device with the newly built one

Jayanthi C

May 10, 2024, 8:28:24 AMMay 10
to JMeter Forum
Hi Team,

Thanks for the answer.

Jayanthi C

May 31, 2024, 1:35:03 AMMay 31
to JMeter Forum
Hi team,

After updated above updates in the application also  particular application  is not connecting with jMeter.

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Regards,
C.Jayanthi.