How to create a html report from different jtl?

Piyush Patel

Jun 29, 2024, 4:10:27 AM (6 days ago) Jun 29
to JMeter Forum
Hi

I have two 2 different jtl files and I need one HTML report.

So I used this command for merge jtl "copy /b TEST.jtl + TEST1.jtl combined.jtl".

after this, I used this command to generate an HTML report "jmeter -g <location of csv file> -o <location of output folder>".

And Getting this error in command prompt "An error occurred: Error while processing samples: Consumer failed with message :Could not parse timeStamp <timeStamp> using format defined by property jmeter.save.saveservice.timestamp_format=ms on sample timeStamp,elapsed,label,responseCode,responseMessage,threadName,dataType,success,failureMessage,bytes,sentBytes,grpThreads,allThreads,URL,Latency,IdleTime,Connect
errorlevel=1".

How to solve this error?

Can you please help to solve this?

DT

Jul 1, 2024, 2:59:21 AM (4 days ago) Jul 1
to JMeter Forum
I suppose that your .jtl files have header which looks something like:

timeStamp,elapsed,label,responseCode,responseMessage,threadName,dataType,success,failureMessage,bytes,sentBytes,grpThreads,allThreads,URL,Latency,IdleTime,Connect

you need to find this line somewhere in the middle of the combined jtl file and remove it using your favourite text editor.

Alternatively you can use Merge Results Tool (can be installed using JMeter Plugins Manager)

PrimeQA Solutions

Jul 1, 2024, 3:00:58 AM (4 days ago) Jul 1
to ptgr...@googlegroups.com
Hi DT, thanks for highlighting. but I want to do this dynamically. I want to Append the content of the 2 JTL files without their headers with Jmeter non gui mode. Is there any command?

PrimeQA Solutions

Jul 1, 2024, 6:20:39 AM (4 days ago) Jul 1
to ptgr...@googlegroups.com
Hi DT, I am using below command to merge the JTL files. Can you please check and if possible send me the optimized one? I don't want to include any dependency (any plugins) in the command.

type report-301-1719300193435.jtl > combined.jtl
findstr /v /c:"timeStamp,elapsed,label,responseCode,responseMessage,threadName,dataType,success,failureMessage,bytes,sentBytes,grpThreads,allThreads,URL,Latency,IdleTime,Connect" report-301-1719300193438.jtl >> combined.jtl
findstr /v /c:"timeStamp,elapsed,label,responseCode,responseMessage,threadName,dataType,success,failureMessage,bytes,sentBytes,grpThreads,allThreads,URL,Latency,IdleTime,Connect" report-301-1719300193440.jtl >> combined.jtl
findstr /v /c:"timeStamp,elapsed,label,responseCode,responseMessage,threadName,dataType,success,failureMessage,bytes,sentBytes,grpThreads,allThreads,URL,Latency,IdleTime,Connect" report-301-1719300193442.jtl >> combined.jtl

jmeter -g D:\JmeterProject\Ipayout\i_Payout_2024\Newfolder\combined.jtl -o D:\JmeterProject\Ipayout\i_Payout_2024\Newfolder\Dashboard