Remote Server JMeter - Not starting

johnson...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2019, 8:49:13 AM4/24/19
to JMeter Forum
I am getting the below error while trying to execute  Jmeter server

Could not find ApacheJmeter_core.jar ...
... Trying JMETER_HOME=..
Found ApacheJMeter_core.jar
Using local port: 4000
Server failed to start: java.rmi.server.ExportException: Listen failed on port: 4000; nested exception is:
        java.io.IOException: java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException: Cannot recover key
An error occurred: Listen failed on port: 4000; nested exception is:
        java.io.IOException: java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException: Cannot recover key
errorlevel=1
Press any key to continue . . .

JMeter properties

# Remote Hosts - comma delimited
remote_hosts=192.168.1.10
#remote_hosts=localhost:1099,localhost:2010

# RMI port to be used by the server (must start rmiregistry with same port)
server_port=1099

# To change the port to (say) 1234:
# On the server(s)
# - set server_port=1234
# - start rmiregistry with port 1234
# On Windows this can be done by:
 SET SERVER_PORT=1234
# JMETER-SERVER
#
# On Unix:
# SERVER_PORT=1234 jmeter-server
#
# On the client:
# - set remote_hosts=server:1234

# Parameter that controls the RMI port used by RemoteSampleListenerImpl (The Controller)
# Default value is 0 which means port is randomly assigned
# You may need to open Firewall port on the Controller machine
client.rmi.localport=0

# When distributed test is starting, there may be several attempts to initialize
# remote engines. By default, only single try is made. Increase following property
# to make it retry for additional times
client.tries=1

# If there is initialization retries, following property sets delay between attempts
client.retries_delay=5000

# When all initialization tries was made, test will fail if some remote engines are failed
# Set following property to true to ignore failed nodes and proceed with test
client.continue_on_fail=false

# To change the default port (1099) used to access the server:
server.rmi.port=1234

# To use a specific port for the JMeter server engine, define
# the following property before starting the server:
server.rmi.localport=4000

# The jmeter server creates by default the RMI registry as part of the server process.
# To stop the server creating the RMI registry:
server.rmi.create=false

# Define the following property to cause JMeter to exit after the first test
server.exitaftertest=true

#
# Configuration of Secure RMI connection
#
# Type of keystore : JKS
server.rmi.ssl.keystore.type=JKS
#
# Keystore file that contains private key
server.rmi.ssl.keystore.file=rmi_keystore.jks
#
# Password of Keystore
server.rmi.ssl.keystore.password=changeit
#
# Key alias
server.rmi.ssl.keystore.alias=rmi
#
# Type of truststore : JKS
server.rmi.ssl.truststore.type=JKS
#
# Keystore file that contains certificate
server.rmi.ssl.truststore.file=rmi_keystore.jks
#
# Password of Trust store
server.rmi.ssl.truststore.password=changeit
#
# Set this if you don't want to use SSL for RMI
server.rmi.ssl.disable=false

RuThaN van den Naar

Apr 24, 2019, 11:53:36 AM4/24/19
to JMeter Forum
Do you know that his options is for remote testing? I make sense only, if your primary machine is not fast enough for generating target load.

 If you are ok with that and you really need remote testing, just check with this remote machine access is possible through you network:
telnet 192.168.1.10 1099

If you connect, it should work if jmeter setup on remote machine is ok (you need install it here and run it), if dont connect you need open target ports from security, disable firewalls, antivirus etc..

RuThaN van den Naar

Apr 24, 2019, 11:55:27 AM4/24/19
to JMeter Forum
Sorry mistake, right is remote port 1099 and you have uncomment that remote port line and setup right ip adress for it.

JOHNSON r

Apr 24, 2019, 4:15:46 PM4/24/19
to ptgr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply RuThaN van den Naarm
Yes, I know this is for Distributed Testing. I am trying to do a load test, so I am setting up a server and client machine. but the above error was from the server

Steps followed:
1.  Created "rmi_keystore.jks" file using "create-rmi-keystore.bat"
2. Updated the properties and I have enclosed the file
3. I have tried with the port remote_hosts=127.0.0.1:1099,server_port=1099,SET SERVER_PORT=1099 and updated the same with 4000 (since in the error message says connected 4000)
4. Turned off the firewall

While I am trying to start the JMeter using the "jmeter-server.bat", I am getting the following error

Could not find ApacheJmeter_core.jar ...
... Trying JMETER_HOME=..
Found ApacheJMeter_core.jar
Using local port: 4000
Server failed to start: java.rmi.server.ExportException: Listen failed on port: 4000; nested exception is:
        java.io.IOException: java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException: Cannot recover key
An error occurred: Listen failed on port: 4000; nested exception is:
        java.io.IOException: java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException: Cannot recover key
errorlevel=1
Press any key to continue . . .

NOTE: I am new to Jmeter

Kindly let me know that need to be done to run the server and client load testing

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 3:55 AM RuThaN van den Naar <ruth...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sorry mistake, right is remote port 1099 and you have uncomment that remote port line and setup right ip adress for it.

jmeter.properties