How to do performance testing of MS Dynamics application

mukul miglani

Apr 18, 2024, 8:20:37 AMApr 18
to ptgr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Team,

I have a new requirement to conduct performance testing on our MS Dynamics application using JMeter. Could someone assist me in understanding how we can accomplish this.

Is this the same as doing performance testing of web applications or something different.

Thanks & Regards

Mukul Miglani

DT

Apr 18, 2024, 9:58:54 AMApr 18
to JMeter Forum
"MS Dynamics" is kind of broad term, the network protocols used under the hood differ depending on the modules (finance, operations, sales, customer service). Also there could be previous versions like Dynamics AX which use different protocols or different faces of the same protocol.

You can check which network protocol(s) are being used with a network sniffer tool like Wireshark

Arvind Kumar Dubey

Jul 3, 2024, 2:32:48 AM (2 days ago) Jul 3
to ptgr...@googlegroups.com
Adding further, I've been working on performance testing of D365 Finance and Operations. Earlier, Microsoft support team had designed perfSDK
solution which we used to import in VSTS and used to generate the C# artefacts using D365 addins as part of VSTS and used to run performance test. Now as MS as confirmed that they are not going support perfSDK anymore. I've been doing POC with Jmeter.

Please download Blazemeter-correlation-plugin from the plugin manager and kindly follow below blog post:

At this point I am able to record and run script for Sales order creation with single user, however, need to validate with multiple user.

Also, facing challenge when I am trying to simulate below scenario:

Login (Once) -Create multiple Sales order -Logout (Once)

When trying to simulate above scenario, its not creating the sales orders. Any help would be appreciated.

regards,
Arvind