How to check if variable value is getting used previously in jmeter

Amruta Deokar

Apr 25, 2024, 5:29:36 AMApr 25
to JMeter Forum
Hi ,
I am using distributed testing of jmeter and sending load through master slave machines.
I am generating random variable values.
if variable 'x' has 'abc' value then how to do i check  if same value 'abc' is getting used/generated again by any thread while generating load ?
if same value is getting again then i have to apply some logic on another variable

Is it possible in jmeter to check value of variable between threads?

Any help here please

DT

Apr 25, 2024, 5:36:26 AMApr 25
to JMeter Forum
As per JMeter documentation "Variables are local to a thread"

So you cannot check whether the variable was "used" by another thread, especially in distributed mode.

One of possible options is pre-generating the random variables somewhere in setUp Thread Group and writing them to a CSV file with Flexible File Writer. This way you will get confidence that the variable will be used only once.

Alternative options is using 3rd-party variables sources like HTTP Simple Table Server or Redis Data Set

Amruta Deokar

Apr 26, 2024, 5:18:29 AMApr 26
to JMeter Forum
Thank you, I will try the options provided by you.