How to ignore SSL validation in jmeter

Danny MS

Dec 17, 2018, 7:51:23 AM12/17/18
to JMeter Forum
Hi,

Please can you help me to ignore SSL validation in jmeter ?

Thanks,
Danny MS

DT

Dec 17, 2018, 9:17:10 AM12/17/18
to JMeter Forum
As per JMeter documentation

The JMeter HTTP samplers are configured to accept all certificates, whether trusted or not, regardless of validity periods, etc. This is to allow the maximum flexibility in testing servers.
If the server requires a client certificate, this can be provided.

So you don't have to do anything, JMeter should trust all the certificates no matter of origin, expiration date, errors in certificates chain, etc.

With regards to client certificates - you can configure JMeter to encrypt outgoing connections

Danny MS

Dec 18, 2018, 5:27:48 AM12/18/18
to JMeter Forum
Thanks Dimitry. I faced the same problem in Postman. When i disabled the SSL Certificate verification setting, it started working. Is there a similar option in jmeter ? If I download a client side certificate and provide it to jmeter, it wont work for me since the certificate is different every time a new cloud ec2 instance is created.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny MS

Dec 18, 2018, 8:49:03 AM12/18/18
to JMeter Forum
i figured it out. When i started jmeter as below, it started working

jmeter.bat --nonProxyHosts='*.abcd.com'