Need to extract and correlate dynamic values found in the request headers

MANIISH S

Apr 24, 2024, 2:10:08 AMApr 24
to JMeter Forum
Hi Team,

In the JMeter script for the e-commerce application, I'm attempting correlation, but I can't locate dynamic values in the response. I only find them in the request headers of the same call. Additionally, this dynamic value occurs only once, spanning 216 characters, with only 103 characters changing. How can I resolve this issue?

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-24 at 11.21.48 AM.jpeg

Thank You

DT

Apr 24, 2024, 2:16:23 AMApr 24
to JMeter Forum
I don't think it is something you can "correlate". However if you want to trace the request(s) originating from JMeter associated with a single user session you can generate the header.

Add a HTTP Header Manager and use a suitable JMeter Function like __UUID() or __RandomString() so each user would send an unique header so you could distinguish requests coming from different virtual users and trace the problematic ones end-to-end.

Untitled.jpg

PrimeQA Solutions

Apr 24, 2024, 2:27:06 AMApr 24
to JMeter Forum
Hey Manish,

There might be 2 option to do this.

1. Make New Relic token Static.
2. Check the Login request's Response. You might get this token in Response Header.

Thanks,
PrimeQA Solutions