Jmeter test plan getting response message as “Non HTTP response message: Connection reset” and response code as “response code: java.net.SocketException” for 200 threads,forever iteration and 2000 ramp up.

namdev mhaske

Jul 30, 2014, 8:25:01 AM7/30/14
to ptgr...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
1.When I am running my nCMD&SPA jmeter test plan on the local machine for 200 threads,forever iteration and 2000 ramp up period .API:stats request getting response message “Non HTTP response message: Connection reset” and response code as “response code: java.net.SocketException” for some of https call.I have done the setting of “JVM_ARGS=-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true” in the Jmeter.bat file and also in Java client-side VM on the local host but still facing the same issue while execution.So please provide suggestion on the above issue.

2.I have also set https API:stats response timeout to “40000” milliseconds and http default implementation to Httpclient4 but no success.

Below is the API:stats response from aggregate report.

Label | Samples | Average | Median | 90%line | Min | Max | Error%

API:stats | 8819 | 38308 | 36947 | 59184 | 1545 | 965060 | 1.03 %

Dmitri T

Jul 31, 2014, 10:06:14 AM7/31/14
to ptgr...@googlegroups.com
If you're completely sure that the problem isn't at server side you can try the following:

For HTTPClient4 try the following properties:

In user.properties (usually lives under /bin folder of your JMeter installation

httpclient4.retrycount=1
hc
.parameters.file=hc.parameters

Create "hc.parameters" file at the same location with the following line:

http.connection.stalecheck$Boolean=true

Its due to:

  • retry of failing request (idempotent ones only) has been disabled in JMeter 2.10
  • stale check in HTTP Client 3 and 4 implementations has been disabled in JMeter 2.11
See Apache JMeter Properties Customization Guide for more examples of JMeter fine tuning using properties.

namdev mhaske

Aug 1, 2014, 6:17:24 AM8/1/14
to ptgr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dmitri T,

1.I first set the below properties in jmeter.properties file
on local machine

httpclient4.retrycount=1
hc
.parameters.file=hc.parameters

remove the comment from hc.parameters file for below line
http.connection.stalecheck$Boolean=true

then executed the Jmeter test plan on local machine for 200 threads,forever iteration and 2000 ramp up period but still error exist in the API:stats

2.Jmeter test plan get run successfully on blazemeter for 200 threads without setting the above properties.