any "Standard meta data key" for mesh data?

canjiang ren

Jul 13, 2015, 5:47:01 AM7/13/15
to pt...@googlegroups.com
hello, mesh data (vtx positions, face indices) can be written into the ptx file using the stand meta key, say PtexVertPositions, however, there is no such key for mesh(geometry) name. It introduces a problem that is the application import this ptx file cannot preserve the original mesh name.

in the http://ptex.us/samples.html,  the teapot and bunny samples use the same key for storing mesh name,
meta:
  P3dNameHierarchy type=string  "DefaultSurface0"

meta:
  P3dNameHierarchy type=string  "teapot"

Any key is used as de facto for storing mesh name?

Thank you in advance.

Brent Burley

Jul 13, 2015, 11:26:47 AM7/13/15
to pt...@googlegroups.com
P3dNameHierarchy is an internal attribute of our in-house paint3d tool.  I wouldn't expect any other applications use this attribute.

--

---

canjiang ren

Jul 13, 2015, 10:00:50 PM7/13/15
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Brent.

在 2015年7月13日星期一 UTC+8下午11:26:47,Brent Burley写道: