Build errors on Ubuntu 13.04

Haig Petrus

Jan 3, 2014, 11:41:57 AM1/3/14
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Hi --

I'm trying to compile ptex on Ubuntu 13.04 and variants with make and cmake, only to have it end up with errors.  On make, the errors are:

In file included from PtexCache.cpp:114:0:
PtexReader.h:39:18: fatal error: zlib.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [PtexCache.o] Error 1

Can anyone help me figure out how to get this to work?  Or are there any working sure-fire ways of compiling on Ubuntu variants that I should be aware of?  I'd like to contribute code, but need to understand the programme first.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

--Haig