Issue with system-wide installation of Ptex

Bernd Waibel

Jan 4, 2016, 11:01:29 AM1/4/16
to ptex
Hi, I happen to have done a system-wide installation of Ptex. Now, I want to install opensubdiv, which searches for Ptex and fails the test within its string() functions in FindPTex.cmake file. A verification with a trivial program like

#include <Ptexture.h>
int main() { return 0; }

fails to compile too, due to not finding the file PtexVersion.h.

I now checked the Ptex source code, and found the CMakeLists.txt file within the src/ptex subdirectory only installs four header files: Ptexture.h, PtexHalf.h, PtexInt.h and PtexUtils.h, when it should install at least PtexVersion.h too.

My question now is, which of the header files are considered private headers and should not be installed in /usr/include, so I can tweak the CMakeLists.txt file. Or are none of them considered private and should be installed in the system include path?

TIA
Bernd

Brent Burley

Jan 4, 2016, 11:14:04 AM1/4/16
to pt...@googlegroups.com
To use the Ptex API, only Ptexture.h needs to be directly included. Initially this was standalone but it now includes PtexInt.h and PtexVersion.h, so, those three are the minimum for a usable install. PtexUtils.h and PtexHalf.h are also installed as they might be useful for a program that uses Ptex. The rest of the headers are only used by the internal implementation.

Omitting PtexVersion.h from the install was an oversight. I'm surprised we missed it. I'll add it shortly.

Brent

--

---

Bernd Waibel