PtexReader error: unzip failed, file corrupt

Ronald Pan

Jan 10, 2015, 10:28:49 AM1/10/15
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
  When I use ptxview to open the sample ptex files, triangle.ptx, I got an error "PtexReader error: unzip failed, file corrupt".

Brent Burley

Jan 12, 2015, 11:19:14 AM1/12/15
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Do the other samples work?  Does ptxinfo work without error?  What platform are you on?

Ronald Pan

Jan 14, 2015, 9:48:24 PM1/14/15
to pt...@googlegroups.com
I have tried bunny.ptx and triangle.ptx. The error is the same. I am using windows 7 + vc2010. Where is ptxinfo?

Thanks.

在 2015年1月12日星期一 UTC-5上午11:19:14,Brent Burley写道:

Ronald Pan

Jan 14, 2015, 9:55:00 PM1/14/15
to pt...@googlegroups.com
I build ptxinfo and run it with the same error.

在 2015年1月14日星期三 UTC-5下午9:48:24,Ronald Pan写道:

Brent Burley

Jan 15, 2015, 12:22:04 PM1/15/15
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Do the built-in tests pass?  (in src/tests)

--

---

Ronald Pan

Jan 15, 2015, 1:19:27 PM1/15/15
to pt...@googlegroups.com
wtest has the same error.

在 2015年1月15日星期四 UTC-5下午12:22:04,Brent Burley写道:

Brent Burley

Jan 15, 2015, 1:30:44 PM1/15/15
to pt...@googlegroups.com
That sounds like a problem with your build of zlib.  That error is reported with zlib's deflate returns something other the Z_OK.  If you want a better clue you might look at the zresult in a debugger.  It presumably would be one of:
#define Z_NEED_DICT     2
#define Z_ERRNO        (-1)
#define Z_STREAM_ERROR (-2)
#define Z_DATA_ERROR   (-3)
#define Z_MEM_ERROR    (-4)
#define Z_BUF_ERROR    (-5)
#define Z_VERSION_ERROR (-6)

Beyond that, I'm not sure how to help you get zlib working.