Ptex and triangles

Mike Pelton

Oct 29, 2013, 1:24:44 PM10/29/13
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Hi all - am hearing conflicting stories about Ptex triangle (stress triangle) support in various tools. Am looking to convert our existing proprietary texture representation into Ptex for obvious reasons but we're heavily committed to very dense triangular meshes - taking them to quads by triangle splitting is an option but we're already on the limits of what most tools can deal with in terms of numbers of polys.

So... can anyone confirm either way whether Mari or Mudbox will allow me to visualise and paint with Ptex triangles please?

The goal is manual retouch of textures - if there are other tools we should be looking at that would be interesting too.

Thanks

Mike

Mike Pelton

Oct 30, 2013, 5:36:59 AM10/30/13
to pt...@googlegroups.com
To partially answer my own question based on input from the Mari devs (for which my thanks), Mari definitely supports Ptex triangles since version 1.4.