Re: [komplete-kontrol-access] Have had my figurative eye on a KK keyboard for a while, but I've recently heard things that make me suspect the software isn't as accessible as I thought it was

Christopher Gilland

Jul 1, 2022, 12:26:26 AM7/1/22
to ptac...@googlegroups.com

Wo! I've never heard of a 49 key setup. Is that a standard? I thought it usually went from 32 then jumped to 61, then 76, then 88.

Chris.

On 6/30/2022 10:12 PM, John Isige wrote:

Ha! The First time I heard one of Andre's videos, I think it was the one with the KK 2.1 update, I went and bought KK that night, that's how excited I was about it. I bought the M32 and just used a midi controller I already had as a larger keyboard. I eventually bought an S61 because I'm dumb and can't count, I thought my larger controller was a 61, but it turned out it was actually an M-Audio Axiom 49.

On 6/30/2022 7:59 PM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:

I spent the evening listening to your videos and I. Am. In love. I was already, but I fell more in love with the keyboard the more I heard from it. I wish I could have it now but we still gotta save some for what is required. And acquire an appropriate PC for it. I use Windows and will never get an Apple product if I can help it. My poor humble laptop that I got on sale in 2019 only has 8GB of RAM and its harddrive is not an SSD, which I am sure would be a problem even if I did have the funds to get it right now before the June sale ended. As it is I'll probably still have to wait several months, but I wanted to get started on my research.

I'm still thinking of that exquisite ARKHIS library you did the one-and-a-half hour stream for because I swear I got transported to several higher planes and a dozen different fairy worlds just with those sounds.

And you have over 18k different sounds in your arsenal and I am supremely jealous!

On 30/06/2022 3:08 pm, 'Andre Louis' via Komplete Kontrol Access wrote:
Hi there. Chris focuses on the written side of things, I focus on the audio side of things, so on my channel, you will find exactly what you're looking for, in-terms of demos using the Komplete Kontrol boards and even demos of lots of sounds.
You'll either see it as a shameless plug, or a helpful resource, either way, I'll drop it here for your perusal anyway.

My channel can be found here:
https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fyoutube.com%2FTheOnjLouis&data=05%7C01%7C%7C102806aeff434a3efa3308da5a569bee%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637921625321013108%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=jWQYTRs9xy%2BEvMKLLbWrw6LGi%2FyZj7iUxqP6FVlweOM%3D&reserved=0

If you want to hear many places where I've used Komplete Kontrol in music, or even to break down things I've written, click the Playlists tab, and then find the playlist called #InspiredBySound.

Here, I go through either single libraries and show off some of the sounds (yes including quite a few pianos over the years) and in other cases, entire musical breakdowns of things I've written using Komplete Kontrol.

Another playlist is called 'Native Instruments and Komplete Kontrol' with a focus entirely geared towards the use of NI products and how the various keyboards work, and other related demos.

I've done demos on the A and M series keyboards, and one on the S MK2 series, which go through loading sounds, loading effects, playing with the in-built sampler, and much more.

I hope this will give you some useful info and hopefully be a method to help you decide for or against Komplete Kontrol in your life.

Thanks.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sharni-Lee Ward" <sharni-...@hotmail.com>