AD2 plug-In Settings

Martin (Punky) Sopart

Jul 13, 2022, 1:28:47 AM7/13/22
to 'Stefan Albertshauser' via Pro Tools Accessibility
Hello Steve and others!

I just tried to use your AD2 plug-in settings in the latest Pro Tools.
I created a folder "Addictive Drums" in the Pro Tools Plug-In Settings folder under "Documents".
I also tried "Addictive Drums 2".
No preset or folder is shown in the plugs window.

What did I wrong here?

Thanks and best! / Martin

Steve Baskis

Jul 13, 2022, 8:56:10 AM7/13/22
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
I have not tested these on the latest ProTools version yet. The presets work absolutely perfectly on my Intel system running an older version of ProTools. You must own the entire library from addictive drums 2, in order for you to load a preset. If you cannot see the presets at all, try saving a dummy preset in the header of the Addictive Drums 2 plug-in window. Find that preset folder where you saved the dummy preset, and paste the files provided in the dropbox folder into it. Reboot your system and relaunch Pro Tools to see if that refreshes things.

If you are a Native Instruments complete control user, you can also purchase the NKS files from Jason on Freelance SoundLabs, which will give you access through the complete control plug-in and your midi controller. Just remember you need to use a newer version of the Native Instruments complete control midi controller lineup.

Right now I am away from my studio traveling on the road and will not be back for sometime. When I return I will try to test some things with the latest Pro Tools.

Link to freelance sound labs addictive drums 2 Products:

Just like with the presets I saved out from addictive drums 2, The freelance sound labs XLN files have a everything bundle, but if you do not own the entire library from XLN, you will not be able to load or hear the drum kits you do not own.

Kind regards,
Steve Baskis

On Jul 13, 2022, at 00:28, Martin (Punky) Sopart <ma...@cakewalker.de> wrote:

Hello Steve and others!

Rocco Fiorentino

Jul 13, 2022, 11:51:59 AM7/13/22
to Pro Tools Accessibility List
Preset folder should just be called “Addictive Drums”

Rocco

Martin (Punky) Sopart

Oct 10, 2022, 2:40:08 AM10/10/22
to 'Stefan Albertshauser' via Pro Tools Accessibility
Hello Steve!

I tested another time using Pro Tools 2022.9 with success.
Are there any informations how to set up a Pro Tools session to use the "Multi Out.tfx"?

Thanks in advance and best! / Martin
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/8D0BD251-F652-412A-8C21-CF8D56CFD20B%40gmail.com.

Steve Baskis

Oct 13, 2022, 2:30:31 PM10/13/22
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Hello Martin, no I have not made any demonstrations or explanation videos/audio files related to that. I have not been using the plug-in too much lately and especially with the multi out set up. I sometimes just have a video conference/team viewer session with someone and have them flip everything I need on. Can’t remember if there are issues with saving it as a preset to recall, but just wanted to reply to you since I have been traveling and on the road.

Kind regards,
Steve Baskis

> On Oct 10, 2022, at 00:40, Martin (Punky) Sopart <ma...@cakewalker.de> wrote:
>
> Hello Steve!
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/5DDE127A-ED18-44B1-A51C-E97F43284225%40cakewalker.de.

Martin (Punky) Sopart

Jan 5, 2023, 9:13:01 AM1/5/23
to 'Stefan Albertshauser' via Pro Tools Accessibility
Hello Steve and a happy 2023 to you!

How did you create all the tax presets for AD2?
Does there exist a tool for that or did you load every single AD2 factory preset in the AD2 plug-in and saved it to tfx from there?

Thanks in advance and best wishes! / Martin
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/4102AD9D-EABE-4E8D-A765-3EFBC29C06CB%40gmail.com.

Steve Baskis

Jan 5, 2023, 10:00:31 AM1/5/23
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Happy new year to you as well!

It has been some time now since I messed with addictive drums. Back when I was working on AD2, I created a keyboardmaestro utility to help me save the presets out more efficiently. I no longer have that, but it was specifically designed to make the work of saving the presets out much faster. it quite simply move the mouse and clicked on different things, cleaned up the text and save the preset etc…

If you understand how keyboard maestro works, and you can think logically about the tasks you must complete,then one can create a utility to help them with anything.

Hope this helps,
Steve Baskis.

> On Jan 5, 2023, at 08:13, Martin (Punky) Sopart <ma...@cakewalker.de> wrote:
>
> Hello Steve and a happy 2023 to you!
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/1FEF4B9A-F9FE-41D0-81B8-D05DB45EDEF0%40cakewalker.de.

Chuck Reichel

Jan 5, 2023, 1:51:05 PM1/5/23
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve,
Once you know where the presets are located you can use the “stock” apple Voice control and the plugin window.
IE just say, move cursor down 20 pixels, then say click and the hidden menu will open up and then navigate to the presets you want and load each one and save it on the pro tools side of things.
Also as you read the plug in with VO just copy the last spoken phrase then vo space on it to load it then when you want to name the preset in the pro tools side of things just paste in the name from the clip board and hit return and bang!
rince and repete!

Its that easy!

I just did several hundred Waves presets this way! :)
HTH
Chuck
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/FA3B8F8E-5B24-4478-AC7E-5C87DE577B30%40gmail.com.

Chuck Reichel
soundpictu...@gmail.com

Martin (Punky) Sopart

Jan 5, 2023, 9:54:35 PM1/5/23
to 'Stefan Albertshauser' via Pro Tools Accessibility
Hello Chuck!

Thanks for helping out.

Do you mean the not accessible save button in the plug-in window right next to the compare button?
Clicking here with the mouse does nothing.

Best wishes! / Martin
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/9EC414A2-A8C3-4BF3-95FA-738DEF2DB0AD%40gmail.com.

Steve Baskis

Jan 6, 2023, 10:24:30 AM1/6/23
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Exactly! I can’t remember how I had everything set up, but I had it automated with keyboardmaestro Macros/actions. So all I had to do was press one key and advance the preset. I was able to save all the presets out extremely quickly.

Respectfully,
Steve Baskis.