Avid S1 question

Martin (Punky) Sopart

Aug 12, 2022, 5:03:28 PM8/12/22
to 'Stefan Albertshauser' via Pro Tools Accessibility
Hello S1 users!

I just got a S1 surface and noticed the following:

After opening a plug-in by using Flo Tools (double press of the insert slot number), I'm able to control the first 8 parameters
Pressing "Page Right" on the S1 switches to the next 8 parameters, but "Page Left" freezes the whole controlling.

My idea is that the "Pro Tools 22Mac.xml" could have wrong entries.
Is there a way to reset it?

Before the S1 I got an Avid Dock and my goal is to use both devices.

Thank you and best! / Martin

Slau Halatyn

Aug 12, 2022, 5:55:03 PM8/12/22
to PTAccess List
Hi Martin,
I'm not sure what you mean by "Pro Tools 22MAC.xml" in this case. What is that? If you're using Flo Tools to open an insert, the S1 will not follow (unless I've overlooked a completely new feature). Normally, opening an insert from the control surface will put the surface into plug-in edit mode and the Pro Tools interface will certainly follow by opening the Plug-in window and displaying the appropriate plug-in. Let's see if we can figure it out.

Best,
Slau

Martin (Punky) Sopart

Aug 12, 2022, 6:14:22 PM8/12/22
to 'Stefan Albertshauser' via Pro Tools Accessibility
Hello Slau!

The xml file is created by EuControl and stored at:
‎⁨Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Application Support⁩ ▸ ⁨Euphonix⁩ ▸ ⁨DYN_APPSETS

I removed it with no success.

Since some EuControl and Pro Tools versions you can use "Attention most recently clicked DAW area" features (EuControl, general settings).
Checking "plug-in" here will make the surface following Pro Tools.
Just use Flo Tools double pressing the insert slot number and that's it.

Using the way you described will cause in the same problem.
Pressing page right on the S1 switches to the next 8 parameters, but page left does nothing.
Pressing page right again - EQ III 7 Band - freezes the controlling.

Best! / Martin
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/48933BC8-4837-487D-85FD-28FBE1B99791%40gmail.com.

Slau Halatyn

Aug 12, 2022, 6:25:10 PM8/12/22
to PTAccess List
Hi Martin,

OK, thanks for the additional info. Yeah, I would imagine it shouldn't be necessary to fuss with xml files. I have my S1 and Dock stored away right now but I'll try to set them up again to see if I can recreate the issue. In the mean time, there are a couple of other users who might be able to try as well. Stay tuned.
Slau
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/A2163FF8-EEFD-4867-85D6-99DBED822492%40cakewalker.de.

Martin (Punky) Sopart

Aug 12, 2022, 6:40:41 PM8/12/22
to 'Stefan Albertshauser' via Pro Tools Accessibility
Hello Slau!

Thanks for answering.

The page left button has a similar bug when setting pan on a stereo track.
The initial rotating of the desired encoder changes the left side pan, as expected.
After pressing page right the right side pan could be controlled, fine.
Now, after pressing page left again - to control the left side pan again - the encoder still changes the right side pan.
Pressing page right another time freezes the controlling.

The page left button seams to execute something strange.

Best! / Martin
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/18CF725D-C2AC-4894-9BEA-B898EC1FCF24%40gmail.com.

Martin (Punky) Sopart

Aug 16, 2022, 8:13:02 AM8/16/22
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

In this case a hardware issue was the bad guy.
The page left button doesn't work at all.

Best! / Martin

Slau Halatyn

Aug 16, 2022, 11:21:57 AM8/16/22
to PTAccess List
Hi Martin,

I didn't even have an opportunity to set up my units again. Glad to hear that it's a hardware issue and sorry to hear that it's a hardware issue :) At least, I'm sure, it's still under warranty and all.

Cheers,
slau
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/00dd01d8b169%248944f5b0%249bcee110%24%40cakewalker.de.

Martin (Punky) Sopart

Aug 16, 2022, 8:00:13 PM8/16/22
to 'Stefan Albertshauser' via Pro Tools Accessibility
Hello Slau!

Yes, I already got a replacement.

Thanks and best! / Martin
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptaccess/B5CEE0CE-93DC-43AA-BEDF-824466FE0527%40gmail.com.