S1 and Dock

Wes Smith

Jul 24, 2022, 8:38:07 PM7/24/22
to Pro Tools Accessibility
Hi.  I'm trying to get into audio mixing/engineering as a career, so I bought the S1 and dock.  My question is how do I join the dock and S1 together with the plate?  I know there are some magnets that came with the S1, but from wha understand they are not needed.  I hope not anyway, because they accidently got magnitized together and I can't get them apart LOL.  Thanks!

Slau Halatyn

Jul 24, 2022, 10:54:29 PM7/24/22
to PTAccess List
Hi Wes,

The little plate that comes with the S1 will readily join another S1 alongside but, for the Dock, Avid recommends a slight modification to two of the rubber feet which involves slicing about an eighth of an inch or so off the tip of the domed rubber. Frankly, I don't think it's at all necessary to join an S1 and Dock. In fact, I find it useful to keep them apart. Anyway, to each, their own, I suppose.
best,
Slau