Looking for some presets, if they exist

Christopher Gilland

Jun 26, 2022, 8:22:39 AM6/26/22
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
I looked in the PTAccess dropbox, but all I'm finding are presets for
Guitar Rig 5, not for 6.

I'm curious though not in the Dropbox, if anyone by chance may have any
6 presets, even if all be it, not a huge amount of them, I'll gladly
take what I can get. Unfortunately, some plugins, as long as you get the
folder name exactly down to the character correct, you can sometimes
trick ProTools into still loading things and working. A good example of
this is the Click presets in the Dropbox. If you just copy those
directly over to your plugin Settings area, it's not gonna work. But, if
you rename that folder to Click 2, or whatever the exact name is of that
plugin, you can trick PT into exposing the presets and making it work.
As I said, unfortunately, that doesn't seem to work here though for GR6,
which kind of makes sense actually, as the UI is probably different
enough that it wouldn't work. I don't even see them let alone not being
able to load them once shown. So yeah, there went that idea. LOL! Ruh,
row'w.. Whoops?

Chris.

Slau Halatyn

Jun 26, 2022, 10:26:17 AM6/26/22
to PTAccess List
Guitar Rig 6 is a different animal from version 5 so the older presets will not work at all. Further, it's modular so creating PT presets will be a monumental task if one wanted to be thorough. Whereas version 5 had some 500 presets, the modular nature of version 6 means that there would need to be thousands of presets to cover various combinations.

Slau Halatyn

Jun 26, 2022, 3:34:17 PM6/26/22
to PTAccess List
Let's keep the discussion on the public list rather than replying privately.
Guitar rig 6 has sets of internal presets for, say, amp model versus cabinet versus effect rack. So, one could choose a preset for effects and choose an amp preset to try those effects through a particular amp model, etc. So it's not just a single preset for the entire chain.

> On Jun 26, 2022, at 12:12 PM, Christopher Gilland <clgil...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> What do you mean by modular? I've not heard that term used in this context.
>

> Chris.

Ronald Glaser

Jun 26, 2022, 8:34:16 PM6/26/22
to Slau Halatyn, PTAccess List
Within, the chain, that is created you would have the amp, stomp boxes
and the cab to set up the rig you want.

so this is what is ment by modular.