Re: Disc allocation

Slau Halatyn

Apr 7, 2021, 1:09:57 PM4/7/21
to David Dobler, PTAccess List
Hi David,
Nothing has changed. Send an email to ptac...@googlegroups.com from the same address you subscribed and you're good to go. I generally try not to answer questions off that list because others are deprived of the answers and, sometimes, others might have answers to offer where I don't necessarily have the answer. That said, I'll copy the list this time to simply say that there's no real need to deal with disk allocation. when you create a session, the place where you save the session is exactly where Pro Tools will create the session folder and all associated subfolders. External drives are, of course, highly recommended. Disk allocation is really only needed when you have to scatter audio files to multiple disks for a given reason like super high track counts, bandwidth, etc. Unless you're recording a hundred tracks at a time, there's no need to allocate to a different drive.
HTH,
Slau

On Apr 7, 2021, at 12:57 PM, David Dobler <doble...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Slau, what is the proper way to set up disc allocation so that my sessions go in the right place and don’t get mixed up with other sessions any help would be appreciated thanks so much I tried to post to the Google groups but I can’t seem to figure out how it works now I don’t know whether it’s been changed or watt I can’t find topics or anything
I find conversations but I can’t seem to post something new to the group I don’t know where to post it

Sent from my iPhone