EEG missing triggers

David Soto

Mar 17, 2019, 2:33:47 PM3/17/19
to psychopy-users
Hi all,

We are having a bit of trouble with sending triggers to the  EEG recorder. We are using psychopy 1.83.4

Basically there are 5 image objects, the first 2 are pre-masks and the last 2 are post-masks which are followed by the participant response

We want to send the trigger during the presentation of the 3rd image (the target and also during the response. The problem is that were are missing a lot of triggers for the target image.

Please find the script attached.  Could you please have a look? Any comments would be much appreciated. Note that tregarding the trigger for the target image onset, we use this function in line 421

def sendCode(code,dur):
            parallel.setData(code)
            core.wait(dur)
            parallel.setData(0)

 in combination with:        win.callOnFlip(sendCode, int(temp_correctAns),0.001) # in line 431

Later in line 669 we send the triggers for the response

  if response.keys != None:  # we had a response
        trials.addData('response.rt', response.rt)
    if response.keys == "1":
        trigger_code = 3
    elif response.keys == "2":
        trigger_code = 4

    parallel.setData( int(trigger_code))
    win.logOnFlip(level=logging.EXP,msg="rep trigger {}".format(int(trigger_code)))
    core.wait(0.01)
    parallel.setData(int(0))

Many thanks

David