Adaptive Delay Discounting in PsychoPy?

Max Curran

Oct 24, 2013, 1:46:53 PM10/24/13
to psychop...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Does anyone know of an adaptive (offers more or less impulsive choices based on the users responses and hones in on that user's impulsivity) delay discounting task in regular Python or PsychoPy that exists somewhere out there? Figured I'd ask before I start making one from scratch as I think this is a task used pretty widely.

Thank you!

Max

Elly McGrath

Mar 20, 2015, 10:51:55 AM3/20/15
to psychop...@googlegroups.com
Hi Max,

Just wondering if you found a script for this as I'm looking to soon do this myself!

Elly

Jeremy Hogeveen

Mar 25, 2015, 6:13:38 PM3/25/15
to psychop...@googlegroups.com
Hi Max,

Here are links to two versions of the DDT I programmed in PsychoPy: one that uses the standard double-limit algorithm (Johnson & Bickel, 2002), and also a 5-trial task to estimate the k-parameter (Koffarnus & Bickel, 2014).

Hope they help!

Cheers,

Jeremy

Brady DeHart

Jul 25, 2016, 5:47:37 AM7/25/16
to psychopy-users
Hello,

 Are these files still available? Thank you so much!

Brady

Rafał Szewczyk

Oct 24, 2016, 5:20:05 AM10/24/16
to psychopy-users
Dear Jeremy Hogeveen,

I am PhD student in the Experimental Psychology Department at the Jagiellonian University in Cracow (Poland). In my research I want to use the Delay Discounting task. I found the following link to the procedures that you made in PsychoPy (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/psychopy-users/gYlVIdhGnOE/A1a5iIZToqAJ), but the links are not working. Could you please make it somehow available for me? I will appreciate your help.

Kind regards,
Rafał Szewczyk

Jeremy Hogeveen

Apr 30, 2018, 1:25:52 PM4/30/18
to psychopy-users
For anyone interested, here are updated links to the DDT programs:

Standard version: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1d4v9v999k93ioy/AAD3OW0TnHIdqDCT_l3bAhmfa?dl=0
Abbreviated version: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yjv03sk03pwat38/AADo4SS8TDWj9bpAoc3puGQna?dl=0