Online study hanging at instructions.

George Lovell

May 2, 2017, 9:19:31 AM5/2/17
to psychopy-users
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to get to grips with the online use of psychoPy, I've started small with a very simple stroop task just to see if everything is in place. Currently I can get as far as the box for entering the participant ID and then instruction screen, but pressing 'space' doesn't result in the experiment starting, it just hangs. The FPS counter is running, but I can't proceed to the actual experiment.

I'm using psychopy 1.85.1
The website is hosted by virtualmin, so I'm assuming the required backroom stuff (php etc is available).

Any suggestions for what I might look at next?

Here is the demo experiment: https://psyresearch.abertay.ac.uk/stroop4/

Here is the output of psychoPy saved upon dropbox: <https://www.dropbox.com/s/xszpyh1jqvbpmw1/stroop4.zip?dl=0>

Best wishes,

George

George Lovell

May 2, 2017, 9:27:44 AM5/2/17
to psychopy-users
P.S. It runs OK in psychopy itself and narrows key presses to 'space' to begin the study.

Michael MacAskill

May 2, 2017, 9:04:13 PM5/2/17
to psychop...@googlegroups.com
Hi George,

This list is deprecated. Please post your query at discourse.psychopy.org instead.

Include that last comment below, it will be important for narrowing things down.

Cheers,

Michael

George Lovell

May 3, 2017, 4:32:40 AM5/3/17