psychopy-users group stats

Richard Höchenberger

Feb 28, 2016, 4:05:10 AM2/28/16
to psychopy-dev
Hello, following these instructions, I generated statistics for the psychopy-users group from Jan 01, 2015 to Feb 27, 2016.

Short summary of the outcomes, with some ad-hoc interpretations by me:
  • Almost 90% of the postings receive at least one response.
  • Most messages are posted between noon and midnight (although I am not sure if these numbers are corrected for the time zones of the posters).
  • The number of postings decreases at the end of the month and during the weekends.
  • By far the highest number of postings are sent during January and February. New years appear to be getting everyone excited about great new study designs. :)
  • Only about 50% of posts receive a first reply within two days. I assume this reflects the increasing number of support requests and the high complexity of some of the issues raised. It would be great if we could encourage more people to get engaged in responding to such support requests.
  • Almost 60% of the messages contain more than 200 words. This is amazing and probably shows that many postings are carefully crafted and contain quite detailed explanations.

All in all, quite interesting and encouraging numbers, although some things can be improved still :)

Great work, everyone!

All the best,

    Richard

Feb 28, 2016, 1:16:35 PM2/28/16
to psycho...@googlegroups.com
Cool analysis, thanks Richard!

--Jeremy

Jon Peirce

Feb 28, 2016, 1:30:11 PM2/28/16
to psycho...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, nice. :-)

I think it's worth pushing to the users list too. It says, "look, people do answer your messages but please get involved too" and I think that's a good thing to say. As the user numbers grow we really need in the contributors to that list to grow as well or we'll all be buried.

best wishes
Jon

Richard Höchenberger

Feb 28, 2016, 2:26:56 PM2/28/16
to psychopy-dev
That message was actually originally intended to go straight to the users list :) But I sent it here by accident. I forwarded it to the users list after realizing my mistake.

Cheers,

    Richard