rating.setChoices()

Oliver Clark

May 4, 2016, 6:40:27 AM5/4/16
to psychopy-dev
Hi all,

I'd like to add a function that will set the choices of a rating scale much like rating.setDescription.  I'm hoping it is just a case of adapting the setDescription code but I thought I'd check here first so I don't end up on a merry trail.  Can anyone foresee an issue with this?

Thanks much,

Oli

Jeremy Gray

May 4, 2016, 7:18:37 AM5/4/16
to psycho...@googlegroups.com
I think it will be possible, but is likely to be complex than the setDescription method. Look through the various _init* methods for choices and self.choices. Other things get set depending on the choices, like self.labelTexts. Changing from a scale without choices to one using choices is likely to be quite messy (just make a whole new rating scale in that case), but changing the values of the choices is likely to be reasonable.

--Jeremy

Oliver Clark

May 5, 2016, 4:36:18 AM5/5/16
to psychopy-dev
Great - thanks very much Jeremy.  I'll have a blast at this later!