submit a contribution

p.f.p...@gmail.com

Jul 19, 2016, 8:01:07 AM7/19/16
to psychopy-dev
Hi,

I have written a class for buttons for response selection. Is there a place where I can send the code to make it available to other users?

Peter

Jonathan Peirce

Jul 19, 2016, 10:52:41 AM7/19/16
to psycho...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

This is a class that you've added to the library essentially (e.g. something that sits in the `visual` folder) or is it more a builder component? The ideal thing is for you to submit a pull request in github (clone the psychopy project, add your files, push to your clone and submit a pull req). Let us know if you need more info about that.

If it doesn't impact other parts of the code substantially then we could pull that in quickly and I'm sure the users will be very appreciative. If it does affect other parts of the lib then we need to be more careful obviously.

best wishes
Jon

Jonathan Peirce
University of Nottingham

http://www.peirce.org.uk

University of Nottingham.

permitted by UK legislation.

p.f.p...@gmail.com

Aug 2, 2016, 8:03:10 AM8/2/16
to psychopy-dev
Hi Jon,

the class is derived from the visual classes Rect, TextStim and ImageStim, so I think it belongs to the visual folder. The code should not affect other parts, a least I hope so. I sit behind a nasty firewall and I have not yet succeeded in using git, so I just send you the files.

Cheers
Peter
button.zip

Jon

Aug 5, 2016, 1:48:23 PM8/5/16
to psychopy-dev
Thanks Peter!
I'll try and look it over shortly :-)

Jonathan Peirce

Aug 17, 2016, 11:57:36 AM8/17/16
to psycho...@googlegroups.com

FYI the code looks nice for the button. Simple and efficient, just the way I would have done it :-)

I'm release 1.84 today and I'll add your buttons in the next release (1.85) when I've had more time to play with it

many thanks for your contribution!

Jon