why psutil is not working on hp-ux? What has to be made to make it work on hp-ux?

Bharadwaj Srivatsa

Jul 18, 2016, 1:28:08 AM7/18/16
to psutil
I am working on monasca, openstack  monitoring system for hp-ux. This imports psutils . When I tried to install psutil on hp-ux, I am getting error: "platform hp-ux11 is not supported"
 python setup.py install
platform hp-ux11 is not supported.

 Why psutil is not supported on hp-ux? what needs to be changed in the package to make it available on hp-ux.?

Regards
Bharadwaj

Giampaolo Rodola'

Jul 18, 2016, 3:44:29 AM7/18/16
to psu...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
HP-UX is not supported because it's a proprietary system I never had access to and it cannot be installed on VirtualBox (AFAIK). Also, I'm not even sure whether it'd be worth the effort considering I don't think there would be many users of psutil + hp-ux out there.

Bharadwaj Srivatsa

Jul 18, 2016, 5:51:25 AM7/18/16
to psu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
   Thanks for the reply. What are the things needed to make psutil works on hp-ux.? what are places we need changes ?.I find .c and .py files for each type of Operating systems. can you please give pointers to inlcude hp-ux support. I will extend it to hp-ux.

Regards
Bharadwaj

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "psutil" group.

Giampaolo Rodola'

Jul 18, 2016, 6:58:43 AM7/18/16
to psu...@googlegroups.com
Some info here:
https://github.com/giampaolo/psutil/blob/master/DEVGUIDE.rst#adding-a-new-feature
Additionally to those files you also need changes to setup.py.
If you take a look at the existent code it should be pretty intuitive.

Bharadwaj Srivatsa

Jul 19, 2016, 12:16:00 AM7/19/16
to psu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the insight. will get back to you if I need ant help..

Regards
Bharadwaj

Bharadwaj Srivatsa

Feb 20, 2017, 1:30:56 PM2/20/17
to psu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

    I am implementing psutils on HP-UX. When I went through the coe of sunos and osx platforms, I noticed that
Sunos has less functions when compared to osx. Should I implement all the functions that are implemented in OSX
or should I just implement those in sunos.

Regards
Bharadwaj

Say no to CO2(Carbon Dioxide) but yes to C2O(Cycle to Office).. Save mother earth!!!!!!

On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 7:28 AM, Bharadwaj Srivatsa <bharadwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am working on monasca, openstack  monitoring system for hp-ux. This imports psutils . When I tried to install psutil on hp-ux, I am getting error: "platform hp-ux11 is not supported"
 python setup.py install
platform hp-ux11 is not supported.

 Why psutil is not supported on hp-ux? what needs to be changed in the package to make it available on hp-ux.?

Regards
Bharadwaj

Giampaolo Rodola'

Feb 26, 2017, 9:46:04 AM2/26/17
to psu...@googlegroups.com
Hello. Are you planning on making a pull request?
Theoretically you should implement as many functionalities as possible.
Again, I have no idea what's possible and what not on HP-UX.
If you could provide me SSH access to HP-UX I could try to help you and see it myself.

Bharadwaj Srivatsa

Mar 1, 2017, 3:20:04 AM3/1/17
to psu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

   As I am using the HP-UX  VM instance in office servers, I am not able to provide you ssh .
Almost all the functionalities has been implemented. I will raise a pull request  as early as possible.
I can give you the sanpshot of the API level testing as provided in documentation.
May I know what else needs to be done to up stream the code.

Regards
Bharadwaj

Regards
Bharadwaj

Say no to CO2(Carbon Dioxide) but yes to C2O(Cycle to Office).. Save mother earth!!!!!!

Giampaolo Rodola'

Mar 1, 2017, 8:34:45 AM3/1/17
to psu...@googlegroups.com
That sounds cool! Do tests pass as they are? What APIs you could NOT implement?

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "psutil" group.

Bharadwaj Srivatsa

Mar 1, 2017, 11:33:12 PM3/1/17
to psu...@googlegroups.com
Yes..Tests are passed . Few functionalities are not been implemented due to lack of interfaces..
But a work around is done. Hardly 5 to 6 functions are remaining in process. Give me couple of days time
I will get back to you.
  Only remaining  is testing code is not yet implemented.  I will send you the .c and .py file for review then
testing file.

Regards
Bharadwaj

Regards
Bharadwaj

Say no to CO2(Carbon Dioxide) but yes to C2O(Cycle to Office).. Save mother earth!!!!!!

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "psutil" group.

Andika Triwidada

Feb 13, 2018, 2:53:34 AM2/13/18
to psutil

On Thursday, March 2, 2017 at 11:33:12 AM UTC+7, Bharadwaj Srivatsa wrote:
Yes..Tests are passed . Few functionalities are not been implemented due to lack of interfaces..
But a work around is done. Hardly 5 to 6 functions are remaining in process. Give me couple of days time
I will get back to you.
  Only remaining  is testing code is not yet implemented.  I will send you the .c and .py file for review then
testing file.

Hello,

Any progress on this?
I have access to HP-UX 11.23 if you want me to test.

Regards,
Andika Triwidada

Bharadwaj Srivatsa

Feb 20, 2018, 12:42:47 AM2/20/18
to psu...@googlegroups.com, cka...@gmail.com
 As I have left HPE now, I am forwarding this email to my ex-collegue Chandrakala ,whom I have marked a copy of this mail.
 She is interested to take it forward..

kala r

Feb 20, 2018, 12:39:05 PM2/20/18
to Bharadwaj Srivatsa, psu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Bharadwaj for including me.

I will take forward this remaining work. Keep you posted on the progress.

Thanks and Regards,
Chandrakala

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018, 1:23 PM Andika Triwidada <and...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thursday, March 2, 2017 at 11:33:12 AM UTC+7, Bharadwaj Srivatsa wrote:
Yes..Tests are passed . Few functionalities are not been implemented due to lack of interfaces..
But a work around is done. Hardly 5 to 6 functions are remaining in process. Give me couple of days time
I will get back to you.
  Only remaining  is testing code is not yet implemented.  I will send you the .c and .py file for review then
testing file.

Hello,

Any progress on this?
I have access to HP-UX 11.23 if you want me to test.

Regards,
Andika Triwidada

Giampaolo Rodola'

Christopher Mapes

May 29, 2022, 12:49:56 PM5/29/22
to psutil
Checking in on the status of this.  I'm willing to pick this up if I can get the source code that was produced thus far.  Did Chandrakala or Bharadwaj ever send you the code?

Giampaolo Rodola'

May 29, 2022, 12:55:20 PM5/29/22
to psu...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,
nope, unfortunately I never received any code.
At this point I'm not even sure if it's worth adding HP-UX support though. How much used is HP-UX nowadays?

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "psutil" group.

Giampaolo - gmpy.dev