Getting real-time data with psutil

Furkan Çalışkan

Oct 29, 2018, 10:10:44 AM10/29/18
to psutil
Hi,

Is it possible to get psutil data real time? Like I want to get all process activities, not lets say, each 2 seconds but "when something change" in OS? (I need to get the only changed part/process and feed somewhere.

(If a script only run 0.1 sec in my systems, I can't see this thing if it doesn't hit in my loop interval etc. since psutil only show as-is when code runs.

Regards,

Giampaolo Rodola'

Oct 29, 2018, 11:57:51 AM10/29/18
to psu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
no, as far as I know the OS provides no hooks that notify you when something about a process changes so you are forced to query the process in a loop.