Goalview

Christine Gibson

May 10, 2017, 8:15:01 AM5/10/17
to PSUG-VT
Background

I run a series of 9 flat file exports from PS to Goalview every night.  The exports were created years ago in the reporting engine, which PowerSchool no longer supports and will not give me any documentation on.  Currently, these files are generated on the production server, ftp'd to our PS Dev server (why?) and then ftp'd to GV.  I can't really wrap my head around why our PS dev server is involved.

In January, we changed students names in PS to use the first_name field for a preferred name and legal_first_name (PS suggested that field name) as their legal name.  It was only recently that someone let me know that GV is creating new student records based on these different names!  If anyone can explain to me why students aren't indexed by student number in goalview, I'd love to hear it.

So I want to look at the import map in GV.

Question

Does Goalview really not have a tech support contact?  Blake Zimmerman is supposed to be our contact, but he is impossible to get a hold of.  I'd also like to change our district's logo in GV, which is from 5 years or so ago, but that's cosmetic.  PCG Education appears to still be selling golaview, but it is really buried on their website.  It's driving me nuts that, from what I can tell, there is no system administrator menu.  GV is hosted, so I can't check out the server.

Have any of you ever successfully worked with a person at gv to update an import?  Can you please give me that person's contact info?

If no, why is everyone using this software?

Thanks