Draft Bylaws for voting at PSRG Annual Meeting

Doug Kingston

Dec 28, 2017, 12:52:38 AM12/28/17
to psrg...@googlegroups.com
The board is proposing the membership approve the attached amended Bylaws at the PSRG Annual Meeting on January 28th, 2018.  These bylaws have been amended to provide for the optional separation of the Secretary and Treasurer roles and to change the method by which those roles are assigned.  The key changes are to Article IV, sections 1 and 2, and Article X, section 1.

In the past, we elected a combined Secretary-Treasurer role.  As discussed in recent board meetings, there is a desire on the board to optionally separate those roles to make them easier to fill and help spread the board workload.  We remove the election of the Secretary-Treasurer and replace it with another at-large board position (#4).  We provide for the elected board to appoint the Secretary and Treasurer from the elected directors 1, 2, 3, and 4 (Article 4, Section 1).

In addition, there is a proposal from me to remove Article VII (Control Operators) as it imposes more procedural direction than is necessary or required for managing this group function and we have not been following this article in the recent past.  The authority over control operators should reside with the Trustee who serves at the discretion of the board, so the board continues to have ultimate control over the repeaters operation.

Regards,
  -Doug-, KD7DK
  PSRG President
DRAFT PSRG Bylaws 2017-12-16.pdf