music to share?

ethan

Aug 17, 2023, 1:25:34 PM8/17/23
to PSPSeq
Hey everyone, been a very long period of silence here.  No development plans for me but I am curious if anyone is still using PSPSeq either on its own or as a part of your overall workflow.  I showed it off at a synth festival near Boston a couple months ago and it still drew some "I didn't know you could do that on a PSP?!" interest.

If you have any tracks you want to share happy to put together a playlist on Soundcloud.  Hearing what the community made was one of the most gratifying parts of the project.

And now back to your regularly scheduled production of 4'33" :)

Tarek

Aug 18, 2023, 12:06:53 PM8/18/23
to psp...@googlegroups.com
Ethan! I can't believe I'm getting PSPSEQ mails again!!!

You probably don't remember me, but I'm one of your early users!

This was my first music production tool back in year 2007!!

I then went on to use Renoise and etc etc, I've become a moderately successful semi-professional (multidisciplinary/audiovisual) artist using Unreal Engine!

This software will ALWAYS have a firm place in my heart, thanks tons for your contribution❤️

Tarek

Aug 18, 2023, 12:09:05 PM8/18/23
to psp...@googlegroups.com
Quick edit, maybe it was 2008!! Can't remember 😭🤣

ethan

Aug 19, 2023, 11:10:24 AM8/19/23
to PSPSeq
Hey yes I remember you!  That's very kind to hear and congrats on your artistic success.

Let me just say that the inspiration was a 2 way street.  Seeing what was made wth PSPSeq and the interest from the user base helped motivate me to make the best tool that I could (though I think I could do better now, hah), and the final product moved my career in positive ways I could never have predicted or expected.  I know nobody was using the tool for charity but I still appreciate the community that existed around it and how its development impacted my own life.

So yeah, thanks from this side too. <3

Emilie Strabisme

Mar 8, 2024, 10:25:16 AMMar 8
to PSPSeq
Hello, I just produce my first track ever, on PSP Seq AND in my musical career !

It's available here ! I don't master a lot about music theory and this sequencer so it's a fresh start, haha

Luke Jackson

Mar 20, 2024, 5:58:44 PMMar 20
to PSPSeq
Hi,
I made a bunch of test patches to test how the pspseq FM synth can sound. Its not a song but I thought I got some interesting sounds out of it. I had lots of fun!

I made a few tunes in sunvox too:

Also Ethan, another thing I was looking at made me think that probably you were the perfect candidate for the job (effects designer job)