New Custom FW apparently helps with Memory Stick access speed?

Lazerbeat

Apr 10, 2009, 1:14:44 PM4/10/09
to PSPSeq
I don't know if its ok to link to the files directly in google groups
or not but it looks like CFW 5.0 M33_6 deals with some of the speed
issues accessing the memory stick. My battery charge is to low to
update now but I shall report back in the morning.

thanks to "bugonshoe' from the #hexawe irc channel for this info.

Lazerbeat

Apr 10, 2009, 10:35:31 PM4/10/09
to PSPSeq
Just got this updated and working and it is much faster leading and
saving for me. I went from 3.80 m33_1 to 5.0 m33_6 so I missed a hell
of alot of updates but its well worth it

Ethan Bordeaux

Apr 10, 2009, 11:45:06 PM4/10/09
to psp...@googlegroups.com
awesome.  what sort of save/load times are you seeing now?  and what was the upgrade process like/where'd you grab the files from?  i'm running 3.90 m33-3 so it's probably time for me to upgrade as well.

Lazerbeat

Apr 11, 2009, 12:48:11 AM4/11/09
to PSPSeq
You can get the CFW from this link

http://www.dark-alex.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=8158

I can't find the acctual link I used to get the 5.0 FW but this is a
generic rapidshare type link

http://www.uploading.com/files/DRZ9OH0K/PSP_500_FW_UPDATE.RAR.html

With loading and saving PSPseq I am still getting wierd sluggish load/
save times but I think thats my machine. I think I need a reformat/
clean up of the memory stick. PSPseq itself loads from the dashboard
to running in about 12 seconds which is alot faster than it was for
me. My LGPT projects load in a fingersnap now.